test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't drop or hide "Rich Dilithium Claim (Daily)"

Before I knew what I was doing in this game, I took the "Rich Dilithium Claim (Daily)" mission and can not hide or drop it so if I don't have another active mission it just stays on my screen. I would really like to drop it or at least hide it but there doesn't seem to be a way on console.

Here is a video:

https://xbox.com/play/media/EPJ8XLW6XC

Comments

• Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    As far as I know, once you activate a Dilithium Mining Claim as you have done the only way to clear it is by going to the Vlugta Dilithium Mine and playing the mining mini-game to complete the mission.

Best done of course, during a Dilithium Weekend for the double dilithium. Not sure if you're aware of the tip regarding this, but if you make sure each of your characters has activated a mining claim the day before a Dilithium Weekend starts, you can run the mission twice on day one (if you have enough mining claims) for a potential 20,000 dilithium per character.
  • Options
    fras#7182 fras Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @proteus#8097 said:
    > As far as I know, once you activate a Dilithium Mining Claim as you have done the only way to clear it is by going to the Vlugta Dilithium Mine and playing the mining mini-game to complete the mission.
    >
    > Best done of course, during a Dilithium Weekend for the double dilithium. Not sure if you're aware of the tip regarding this, but if you make sure each of your characters has activated a mining claim the day before a Dilithium Weekend starts, you can run the mission twice on day one (if you have enough mining claims) for a potential 20,000 dilithium per character.

Thanks for your reply. I have done the mini game many times but it needs to be from a “dilithium mining claim” which can only be found in lockboxes. I’ve only started playing the game this year so do not have one but I even bought a key and opened a box in the desperation of trying to get one but didn’t unfortunately.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    You can only start this mission if you actually HAVE a Dilithium Mining Claim.
    When you go mining at Vlugta, there is a NPC there to hand it to. He then directs you to a Rich Dilithium vein to get oodles of Dil.
    Check your Inventory, Bank or perhaps Account Bank to make sure you haven't stashed it somewhere.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    > @inferiority said:
    > You can only start this mission if you actually HAVE a Dilithium Mining Claim.
    > When you go mining at Vlugta, there is a NPC there to hand it to. He then directs you to a Rich Dilithium vein to get oodles of Dil.
    > Check your Inventory, Bank or perhaps Account Bank to make sure you haven't stashed it somewhere.

I definitely do not have one. Have seen what they look like and checked everywhere.
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Your video suggests you did have a Dilithium Mining Claim at some point or you wouldn't have been able to activate the Rich Dilithium Claim (Daily) mission - I know of no other way to do that. For whatever reason though, it's no longer in this character's inventory or bank anymore, which is stopping you going any further. If it's not been stored elsewhere, perhaps it's been discarded somehow. Could you have selected 'destroy' from the item menu by accident, and lost it that way?

Or maybe you've exchanged it for Fleet or Reputation Dilithium instead, although I don't know if you can do this with claims you've activated the mining mission with.

If you really don't have it, I'd think your only way around it would be to open some more lockboxes and try get a hold of another claim to complete the mission. As you say, there is no option to drop or hide the mission once started.
  • Options
    Definitely haven’t destroyed it. So I guess it’s a bug that it allowed me to pick it up.