test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Incorrect TOS Phaser Model PS4/5

sithlord619sithlord619 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
Greetings Everyone,

A few days ago someone posted a picture of A TOS Captain, using TWOK undershirt to mimic the look of 'The Cage' TOS Pilot episode. I noticed that the hand phaser pistol in that picture is coloured & has the correct model for the TOS era, NOT the Strange New Worlds phaser pistols either btw. Link = https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/13uo80g/what_uniform_top_is_this_guy_using/

I was pretty sure that my TOS hand phaser pistols are all black & white, even the ones purchased from K-13. The phaser pistols on the weapon racks in K-13 are the correct coloured ones.

I just went to K-13 & bought -

1x 'Advanced Fleet Federation Type 1 Phaser (Wide) Mk XII (CrtX) (Dmg)x3'

1x 'Advanced Fleet Federation Type 2 Phaser (Stun) Mk XII (CrtX) (Dmg)x3'

1x 'Advanced Fleet Federation Type 2 Phaser (Wide) Mk XII (CrtX) (Dmg)x3'

Well, they are all black and white TOS models, so is this a bug? Or am I missing something? Again this is on PS4/PS5 I'd guess it is the same on Xbox too.

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,006 Arc User
    Well, they are all black and white TOS models...
    The whole point of K-13 is to allow TOS-era stuff to enter the game, so it's not surprising these phasers all have TOS skins.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Well, they are all black and white TOS models...
    The whole point of K-13 is to allow TOS-era stuff to enter the game, so it's not surprising these phasers all have TOS skins.

Yes, you are correct, however, what I am saying is that the TOS skin is the wrong one. They obviously SHOULD be TOS era phaser models.

I am just pointing out that, the TOS era phaser model is incorrect. It is black & white, it should be coloured blue & black, like the mission reward phaser in Night Of the Comet.

I also reported a bug where the K-13 hand phaser actually switches colours from black & white to blue & black, depending on firing mode. As to which has been noted and they are investigating.

mmyl7fk90my9.png
  • Options
    Just a quick update, seems this bug has been around since TOS Starfleet first launched!!

https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/5un0uq/potentially_silly_question_are_the_type_2_phasers/

Utterly shocking, this needs looking at.