test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gamma Skirmishes

Please adjust the timer in order to decrease wait times.
After clicking on the button to join a skirmish I've waited as much as 5+minutes just for the pop up and accept button. Finally it pops up and I accept. Now wait another 3-5 minutes for it to actually launch. Seriously?
Since we have the ability to do the skirmishes alone, why does it take soooooo long to get into one?
Why say "complete as many as possible" and then seriously restrict our ability to join the skirmishes?
As a side note to all of the players who do not seem to know what it means when the word "immune" is scrolling above Cap ships, it means it is IMMUNE to your weapons and you are doing no damage to it at all. lol

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    The waiting is not actually a timer, it is the time it takes to get five people to either que for it or (possibly) cue for randoms to fill in the empty spots. For a long time the only so called "battlezone" (it is actually more of an inconvenient to get to set of TFOs) less popular than Gamma was Gon'cra, and when they adjusted Gon'cra to be a little less broken a year or two ago that flipped and Gamma is the bottom one.

The second wait is a combination of waiting for everyone to accept and finding last-minute replacements for the ones who decided to switch instance or just leave and abandon the Endeavor (I don't think anyone ever goes there except for the Endeavors) because the first wait is too long. or for some other reason decline to accept the thing.

As for the immune thing, when towing asteroid chunks or looking for more asteroids and whatnot a lot of players simply don't bother shutting off their guns (the downside of autotarget/fire) or with the amount of VFX spam simply lose track of what their ship is shooting at for a second. Of course, some people are either too focused or have visual problems and do not see the "immune" printing above the mechanics-target ship.
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    The waiting is not actually a timer, it is the time it takes to get five people to either que for it or (possibly) cue for randoms to fill in the empty spots. For a long time the only so called "battlezone" (it is actually more of an inconvenient to get to set of TFOs) less popular than Gamma was Gon'cra, and when they adjusted Gon'cra to be a little less broken a year or two ago that flipped and Gamma is the bottom one.

The second wait is a combination of waiting for everyone to accept and finding last-minute replacements for the ones who decided to switch instance or just leave and abandon the Endeavor (I don't think anyone ever goes there except for the Endeavors) because the first wait is too long. or for some other reason decline to accept the thing.

As for the immune thing, when towing asteroid chunks or looking for more asteroids and whatnot a lot of players simply don't bother shutting off their guns (the downside of autotarget/fire) or with the amount of VFX spam simply lose track of what their ship is shooting at for a second. Of course, some people are either too focused or have visual problems and do not see the "immune" printing above the mechanics-target ship.
    Yes I already knew the reason for the wait times. I'm simply saying that the wait times are too long.

As for the immune thing. Your explanation doesn't make sense because that is not what I see in nearly every SG skirmish that I'm not alone in. Players park in front of the Cap ship and unload their weapons on it. Never moving, never towing rocks, never firing seekers. One would think that after failing the objective in Sinister Gathering, as I've seen happen many times due to players not firing seekers, that players would be clued in to the fact that the Cap ship is immune. It's my opinion that this is why Sinister Gathering is always the last skirmish to be completed before the Final Assault, and sometimes takes an hour or more after the other 2 were completed.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    That could be, I have not been there in a while except for Endeavors since I am not fond of overly mechanics-based scenarios and for those I usually leave before the either of the asteroid-towing ones. Back when it was fairly new and people actually went there for the novelty it seemed more like it was just people not shutting down the guns.

Maybe what you are seeing are AFKers parking their ships after hitting the spacebar once to start the autofire just to get though the scenarios without having to bother with actually doing them (there is a lot of that kind of thing nowadays in TFOs and whatnot).

Also, with the frequent map-change dumps it could be people new to those scenarios who missed the explanation of the mechanics while logging back in. Of course, there also a certain number of people who never bother to sit through the explanations because most TFOs boil down to simply "shoot anything that moves until the timer runs out".