test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not recognising I have an EV suit slotted while on Nukara

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,012 Arc User
edited May 2023 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since yesterdays patch when I visited Nukara to do a daily endevor I was not recognised to having an EV suit slotted. I have had the torchbearers suit slotted with the 2259 armor.

I changed uniform as I had previously experienced graphics glitching with said armor ie the torchbearers armour not be visible. I tried again after changing to the 2280 uniform and still no luck. It still doesn't recognise I have the EV suit slotted. I have tried slotting other ev suits but still with no luck.

I have force verified blah blah blah and have not resolved the issue.

Visited Vlugta and EV suit equipped as it should. So it seems to only be and issue at Nukara.
Post edited by eazzie on

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,020 Arc User
    Is it just the Torchbearer EV suit or do other ones not work?
    Also, have you tried activating it manually?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Is it just the Torchbearer EV suit or do other ones not work?
    Also, have you tried activating it manually?

All EV suits don't work, and yep tried activating manually. As stated it only happens on Nukara. Its odd.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    This has actually been occuring a bit longer than since yesterday's patch. It started with the beginning of Unraveled. I reported it to Kael on day one. Hopefully, they'll track it down soon.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    This has actually been occuring a bit longer than since yesterday's patch. It started with the beginning of Unraveled. I reported it to Kael on day one. Hopefully, they'll track it down soon.

Thanks Badd awesome :) It was since the patch I had first encountered it so assumed it was maybe patch related.
  • Options
    husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    eazzie wrote: »
    All EV suits don't work, and yep tried activating manually. As stated it only happens on Nukara. Its odd.

I haven't had any problem manually equipping my EV suit as of yet but there's several odd behaviors on Nukara that I have observed. If your character doesn't have a EV suit equipped the game won't give you a default one. If you do have a EV suit equipped one of two things happen when you zone down, the game doesn't recognize you have a EV suit equipped as you pointed out or it changes to your EV suit as it's supposed to only to remove it 5-10 seconds later. I suspect this is a byproduct of the game code changes for Unraveled where the Tholian ranks were all changed and they were given some new animations.
    Post edited by husk10#9106 on
  • Options
    mastaslaya5mastaslaya5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Kay'lan@cabose369
    Occurs on all maps. First happened on Nukara Prime.

bjzv3z408n4k.png

As you can see in the photo I clearly own the Burnham CQC EV Suit on this character. However it is completely greyed out in the slot. I cannot switch to it. Right clicking it to equip it doesn't work either. However I can put in another EV suit to that slot, and a different EV Suit works. But then when I unequip another EV suit the Burnham CQC EV Suit shows up as grey in the slot.

Video of the Issue
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    What you are showing there and in the video is the Burnham's CQC Armor. That's a combat armor. The Burnham's CQC Environment suit is another project. That will go in that slot. You can tell by the icon, it's different for the two.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    /merged threads

Although, baucoin is correct, you do not have an EV suits slotted in that pic.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,020 Arc User
    As you can see in the photo I clearly own the Burnham CQC EV Suit on this character. However it is completely greyed out in the slot.
    That's the default basic EV suit that auto-equips in hazardous environments when you don't have a proper one equipped. It's always greyed out because you can't unequip it.
    I don't see the Burnham CQC EV Suit anywhere in the video.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/