test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please get the old auction system back?

1235»

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    Cryptic's software folks confirmed on Ten Forward Weekly that the exchange messages don't count against the cap for box limits. Ie. they shouldn't prevent any communications.

Box being full is another issue and something that could be helped with a notification pop-up or tally you can reference to tell how close you are to the cap (or if you're at it). That would also be useful for folks like myself who've saved all their community/Foundry mails for posterity (and while we're at it feature suggestions: mail export to txt file option would be great for those like me who want to hang onto their fleet/friend/community mails. It would also remove pressure to save everything for reference/feel good recollections).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Good information, good to know... Thanks!
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator
    /merged threads
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Cryptic's software folks confirmed on Ten Forward Weekly that the exchange messages don't count against the cap for box limits. Ie. they shouldn't prevent any communications.

Nevertheless, Jenica actually brought up a very good point! Fleet mail may well not count towards the mail box limit, but sales messages (the kind where you are told you won an 'auction'), still do. (Sic!) Which means Cryptic basically removed one potential overflow issue (that didn't even exist), and applied it to your mail box instead! And, to add insult to injury, I guarantee more ppl will run into a 'mailbox full' issue than ever hitting the 2 billion EC cap.
    3lsZz0w.jpg