test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crafting original series blue phasers

oskorzenyoskorzeny Member Posts: 8 Arc User
So, my question is this, we can create a character from the 2230's and start out with that era weapons but as we progress and level, we are forced to change to future era weapons. Why can't I craft 2230 blue phasers and *torpedo's*for my ship's and 2230 era away team weapons? I mean we get to look the part with our uniforms, so why not let us craft the weapons of that era? I might add also put some more 2230's ships in the Zen and Dilithium store, T6 ones please, it would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answer

• Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    In my opinion the entire crafting system needs a major overhaul. Almost nothing is worth while crafting any more, except manuals and specialization skills. Sure there are a couple of items worth crafting like Tactical consoles for energy weapons but only for early progress, once you get to level 50 to 65 crafting becomes virtually useless, except like I said for manuals and such. I have crafted items prior to creating a new captain, to give me an advantage in the tutorials or just after the tutorial and early missions, which I suppose give it some purpose, but compared to found gear from loot and from rep boxes the crafted items just don't measure up very well at all.

Answers

• Options
    hmmm great point. I agree with what you said about the crafting system!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    It would be nice to be able to craft specialty weapons, and in this case they are not lock box items so it wouldn't cost Cryptic sales.

FYI, you can get them other ways:
    - you can buy TOS phasers on the exchange
    - TOS captains can buy a full set of mark 1 if you sell all loot drops and episode rewards for credits while in the 23rd C
    - If you buy a T1 Connie in the TOS starter pack, Temporal Agent Starter Pack, Temporal bundle you can dismiss and reclaim the connie for multiple beams. The dil version is NOT reclaimable!
    - The Quantum phaser from Sunrise is blue but lacks the TOS sound
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Retrofit phasers can be earned from the mission "Everything Old is New". Other TOS era equipment can be had at the K-13 Fleet Holding.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    can the TOS connie phasers be upgraded at mk XII? I've never kept them that long the sound gets on my nerves after a bit
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    can the TOS connie phasers be upgraded at mk XII? I've never kept them that long the sound gets on my nerves after a bit

The ones from the c-store TOS connie (from the packs davefenestrator mentioned), and the Spectres arc ones can at least, and I am fairly sure you can upgrade the K-13 ones too (haven't tried those yet). When you hit level 60 you can put the connie ones in the upgrade window, and they change from "infinity sign" to Mk XII and you can upgrade them from there (the Spectres arc and K-13 ones have numbers to begin with).
  • Options
    Retrofit phasers can be earned from the mission "Everything Old is New". Other TOS era equipment can be had at the K-13 Fleet Holding.

I always forget about K-13 having beams, not just the bridge officers and drone kits.

The ones from the c-store TOS connie (from the packs davefenestrator mentioned), and the Spectres arc ones can at least, and I am fairly sure you can upgrade the K-13 ones too (haven't tried those yet). When you hit level 60 you can put the connie ones in the upgrade window, and they change from "infinity sign" to Mk XII and you can upgrade them from there (the Spectres arc and K-13 ones have numbers to begin with).

All of the other fleet gear is upgradeable so I'd be very surprised if the K-13 ones are not.

• Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Yep. K-13 23c ship weapons (phasers, disruptors, photons, and plasma) all upgrade to Mark XV Gold. I have full TOS ships thus equipped.
  • Options
    sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    In my opinion the entire crafting system needs a major overhaul. Almost nothing is worth while crafting any more, except manuals and specialization skills. Sure there are a couple of items worth crafting like Tactical consoles for energy weapons but only for early progress, once you get to level 50 to 65 crafting becomes virtually useless, except like I said for manuals and such. I have crafted items prior to creating a new captain, to give me an advantage in the tutorials or just after the tutorial and early missions, which I suppose give it some purpose, but compared to found gear from loot and from rep boxes the crafted items just don't measure up very well at all.

I agree about the crafting system. I have tons and tons and tons of R&D mats that I don't use. I'd love to donate them to my fleet but only a few missions take them. I'd love to be able to donate them in place of other resources, energy credits or duty officers. Maybe not dilithium (although it would be nice!) as that might upset the market.

• Options
    great answers all. But it still doesn't answer my question. Why can I not craft 2230 era weapons? or away team weapons? Im sure that it can be put in a patch somewhere that allows players to do this. Sure there are missions and such but atleast give players the ability to CRAFT such gear (weapons) and provide a greater variety of 2230 era ships in the Zen store!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    oskorzeny wrote: »
    great answers all. But it still doesn't answer my question. Why can I not craft 2230 era weapons? or away team weapons? Im sure that it can be put in a patch somewhere that allows players to do this. Sure there are missions and such but atleast give players the ability to CRAFT such gear (weapons) and provide a greater variety of 2230 era ships in the Zen store!

You can't craft anything except standard energy types in standard flavors. That's the way it's been since crafting 2.0 was introduced in 2014 so it's unlikely to change any time soon.
    Why

Because Cryptic decided so. If you see another "ask us questions" sticky thread here or join the weekly livestream you can ask them to explain and reconsider.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

Like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siaMwpHyf78
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.