test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are Bajoran Phasers limited to 1 per character?

cdrkitten#2986 cdrkitten Member Posts: 6 Arc User
So, I was curious. Why are Bajoran Phaser Pistols/Rifles limited to 1 per character. Like, is there a secret reason that I don't realize/know about why I can't have my Bajoran only BOffs outfitted in Bajoran weapons/uniforms? I feel like I gotta be missing something, otherwise it seems a bit weird. Like, are they secretly OP? If not...Can....Can that be removed?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Answers

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,296 Arc User
    I actually considered making a bajoran crew once, The plan got ditched when I found out that you can only have one set of those things.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,325 Arc User
    Why are Bajoran Phaser Pistols/Rifles limited to 1 per character?
    If you're talking about the Bajoran phasers that can be claimed from the DS9 Z-Store pack, there's usually a workaround to get more than 1 copy of each.
    Claim the pack, then equip the 2 Bajoran weapons on bridge officers. Then claim the pack again. Repeat as necessary.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,296 Arc User
    Um tried that already WORTHLESS DOESNT WORK! unless they changed it.
  • cdrkitten#2986 cdrkitten Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Why are Bajoran Phaser Pistols/Rifles limited to 1 per character?
    If you're talking about the Bajoran phasers that can be claimed from the DS9 Z-Store pack, there's usually a workaround to get more than 1 copy of each.
    Claim the pack, then equip the 2 Bajoran weapons on bridge officers. Then claim the pack again. Repeat as necessary.

I've tried many different versions of this, and it won't take. Tells me I'm only allowed 1 of the box to be opened.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    Yeah, claiming the box multiple times is an unreliable glitch. Managed to get three attack hortas that way, but only on the one toon. Every other time, including new attempts on that toon, it won't let me open the box again.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    So, I was curious. Why are Bajoran Phaser Pistols/Rifles limited to 1 per character. Like, is there a secret reason that I don't realize/know about why I can't have my Bajoran only BOffs outfitted in Bajoran weapons/uniforms? I feel like I gotta be missing something, otherwise it seems a bit weird. Like, are they secretly OP? If not...Can....Can that be removed?

If don't mind your away team boffs using non-upgradable weapons, and you have the Holo Leeta boff account unlocked, you can commission and airlock Leeta repeatedly to get as many bajoran pistols as you want.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,761 Community Moderator

If don't mind your away team boffs using non-upgradable weapons, and you have the Holo Leeta boff account unlocked, you can commission and airlock Leeta repeatedly to get as many bajoran pistols as you want.

THAT'S how I did it! I was trying to remember how I outfitted my entire Bajoran crew with Bajoran phasers, but couldn't remember how I did it. But this is what I did.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Murdering Leeta, now that's just plain cruel. Gasp!!!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    Murdering Leeta, now that's just plain cruel. Gasp!!!
    Is it murder when you're just rebooting a hologram?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    Forget ideas of slavery, freedom, military robots gone rogue, civil rights or any philosophical motivations.

If there's going to be a robot uprise, it will be led by holograms and robots resembling persons we strongly dislike - after they have been tortured and bullied repeatedly.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    Forget ideas of slavery, freedom, military robots gone rogue, civil rights or any philosophical motivations.

If there's going to be a robot uprise, it will be led by holograms and robots resembling persons we strongly dislike - after they have been tortured and bullied repeatedly.

Tovan's gonna kill you!

This discussion has been closed.