test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

kind of a bug not really a bug still kind of a bug more of a privacy issue/ concern

when someone adds you as a friend through the Xbox interface, they have the ability to track every time you logon, and every time you log off and there's no way of preventing this you don't even have to add them back for the them to be able to track you this system will also notify you of players that are hiding offline via the Xbox interface I personally believe it would be best for the player base to have the login notifications removed

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,290 Arc User
    ...this system will also notify you of players that are hiding offline via the Xbox interface
    Whilst friend login/logoff notifications are also built-in to Xbox & PlayStation, players that have chosen to hide their online status should really not have a notification flying in. This 'bug' is also present on PlayStation.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • carlos#7199 carlos Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I confirm this issue is still present and is totally annoying. This "feature" can by used as an exploit to bypass console privacy settings in fact.
  • discodragonftw#5507 discodragonftw Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    this privacy issue has still not been addressed please at least disable login notifications on console
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    Yeah, kind of annoying when you keep getting the fly-in messages that someone that friended you that you have no clue who they are keeps popping up on the middle of your screen.