test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vlugta Dilithium Mining Station: Animation Bugged

inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,008 Arc User
Whenever we try to mine dilithium, the mining animation bugs out and stops just as the mingame starts. Thus, our captain just stands around admiring the view while we play the minigame.

It's been reported before, and fixed, reported, and fixed, reported and seemingly ignored...

This issue was last reported back in 2018 but appears to not have been fixed since it broke: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1237971/dil-mining-animation-broken
- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Still present in 2023. It was reported in 2016 in General Discussion not here, 2018 in the Graphical and Sound Issues section instead of here, 2021, and 2022. Here is the bug as well as an additional bug in detail below:

Map: Vlugta Dilithium Mine
    Issue: Go to the Vlugta Dilithium Mine in the Alpha Quadrant near DS9, get the quest from the Ferengi Isihl, and transfer to the mining field.

When you get there go to one of the five highlighted nodes and then click on Mine Rocks you will start to hear the drill starting up and then it cuts out. The only thing seen is the mini-game not the mining laser and its sound effect is not heard.

Another bug connected to it is there are times you can actually carry the mining drill with you after completing one of the nodes. After a certain amount of time passes, it usually disappears.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Honestly, it's a bug that is not important enough to worry about.
    1xe027q.png