test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Congrats STO

captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
edited February 2023 in Ten Forward
Just saw season 3 episode 1 of Picard, congrats STO.
you know why :)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Something else got canonized, I take it?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    /moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    Probably not a spoiler, but, fair warning.
    In the end credits for Picard there's a bunch of okudagrams. One is for a fleet museum, and it has a list of ships next to it which includes the USS voyager, USS Pioneer, USS Enterprise A, and the USS Excelsior NCC 2000. So, apparently, Kirks last enterprise wasn't scrapped and neither was his first command.

Earlier in the episode there's also a news grab that says the enterprise F is due for early Decommissioning, Which means the STO timeline is totally non cannon as far as that goes since Picard happens pre 2409
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    We already know about that though. There is another thread about that. The decommissioning news was released last week.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    In this case in addition to the Oddessy class, the Pathfinder class is also canonized as the Voyager B
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Honestly I think people are reading too much into the decommission of the ENT-F, recommissioning (aka bringing a ship that was decommissioned back into the service) is something that does happen, IIRC first step in decommissioning a ship is moving into the reserve roster.

And that's assuming Starfleet goes thru with the decommissioning in the first place and it's not a case "sure it was planned but due the events of the season that's delayed"
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    my money says the series ends with seven as captain of the F