test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Improved Pilot Abilities = New Pilot Ship(s)?

berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
As described HERE. Pilot Abilities are getting some love. I feel like, most of the time, when some aspect of the game gets attention, it is when something new that features that aspect is about to drop into the game. If my observation is correct, what are the odds we'll be seeing new Pilot Ships?
"Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    I believe its 100% guaranteed that the anniversary bundle will have a pilot ship. I hope something similar happens to miracle worker and carriers in the future.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Hoping the Terran Hestia is not the actual pilot ship in the bundle, it wasn't really known for being fast ship besides time traveling nor intelligence. Personally don't care for pilot ships outside the maneuvers and none of my builds are made for it.

I personally think the new Hestia should be miracle worker as it is a ship that separates and mw seems to make scene for such a ship, besides it was one of the most advanced ships they had during the Voyager era. We haven't really has a legendary ship in any of the legendary anniversary bundles which was both tactical and miracle worker.
  • Options
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Hoping the Terran Hestia is not the actual pilot ship in the bundle, it wasn't really known for being fast ship besides time traveling nor intelligence. Personally don't care for pilot ships outside the maneuvers and none of my builds are made for it.

I personally think the new Hestia should be miracle worker as it is a ship that separates and mw seems to make scene for such a ship, besides it was one of the most advanced ships they had during the Voyager era. We haven't really has a legendary ship in any of the legendary anniversary bundles which was both tactical and miracle worker.

I don't think it is, my guess is command or intel.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Didn't they for all intents and purposes confirm that at least 1 upcoming (most likely a bundle) ship is pilot spec, in the 10 Forward stream discussing the pilot changes.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User

The original (non terran) is command, intel doesn't fit a vessel with MVAM so pilot is the most likely candidate.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

The original (non terran) is command, intel doesn't fit a vessel with MVAM so pilot is the most likely candidate.

Actually, the Hestia wont be a pilot primary. Definitely not :) I say she will be Command primary with pilot secondary if they keep the dual-spec theme they had with the 12th anniversary bundle.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    foxman00 wrote: »

Actually, the Hestia wont be a pilot primary. Definitely not :) I say she will be Command primary with pilot secondary if they keep the dual-spec theme they had with the 12th anniversary bundle.

I'm desperately hoping it's Command/Pilot spec. (Or MW/Pilot.) It feels the most fitting to what the Prometheus was about.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User

I was actually one of the fastest ship at the time.

And to be honest, if you're going to build a ship that can split into three parts, you probably want high manoeuvrability for them and some special piloting skills.

So in my opinion, a pilot spec would fit well. I certainly wouldn't find it odd if they gave it that spec.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Fair enough but I don't think they are planing a legendary version. The hell marry is temp ops.
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User

Fair enough but I don't think they are planing a legendary version. The hell marry is temp ops.

They've already revealed a Terran variant for the upcoming anniversary ship pack. Just unsure what it'll have, at this point.
This discussion has been closed.