test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Traits and loadouts, they done it again

duddutcher#4834 duddutcher Member Posts: 68 Arc User
edited February 2023 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
long story short, traits after a mission where you lend a starship gone bad again, and there "fix" only made it worse. now my traits are dubbel equiped and cant equip one of them after selecting "load starship loadout" thingy

for the love of nouget and ferengi snailsteak

could one please fix this, i usaly skip the missions in which you lend a star ship, but because in one of the latest update logs there was a supposed semiFix i thought, why not lets try it again.

but now its even more gone to the fishes than it already was.

why not just ripout the entire loadout system, as they even forced it on you a while back so you couldnt doge using the utter (not nice words riming with bash)

but im a teacher not a computer coder so im sure its a hard to fix.

besides that, i love this game and the freedome you have in it so besides this semi rant keep ad it, stil loving it
Tagged:

Comments

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Which mission did you play and finish to experience this. Please explain your steps better please and thanks.

From what I can guess you have a ship with a saved load out.
    Players a Mission where you are a different ship
    And upon finishing the mission your equipped traits are wrong and buggy looking?
    (you did not reload / touch any of the loadout buttons, the above just happened naturally?)
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I will explain what i have noticed.
    I have swapped ships in space to reload stuff on them.
    I have had the experience when I change boff setups and go to the ship and setup the tray etc. then go to save the loadout it reloads the original loadout when i go to the loadout screen on the ship and i havent pushed anything.
    I have also found that on most ships if you open the ship window and sit on the loadout screen, in most cases the loadouts wont revert cause you changed everything then saved the loadout while still on the loadout screen.
    I have also noticed that swapping ships on ground will not allow you to make changes without them being reloaded once you beam up to space. the issue is random and it effects many ships. I for one cannot pin it on just one ship.
    I have also had situations where if i go to change the boffs, AND switch to the loadout screen and continue to update before saving i have had boffs and other stuff revert anyway while trying to change the tray.
    There are intermittent situations where i literally have to save the loadout each section i change before moving on to the next.
    This is verry random it has happened on many ships so i cant begin to tag one ship as the source of the problem.
    If the above doesnt help let me know and i will try to be more descriptive about what i have seen.
    Also, NEVER change a ship in the shipyard you have changed to if there is a loadout present, cause as soon as you beam up the loadout will reload once you get to space. even thou you switched the ship and the loadout reloaded all the gear. The gear will revert back once your in space and you will also get everything moved into your bank inventory which you cannot get to while your in orbit.
  • duddutcher#4834 duddutcher Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I will explain what i have noticed.
    I have swapped ships in space to reload stuff on them.
    I have had the experience when I change boff setups and go to the ship and setup the tray etc. then go to save the loadout it reloads the original loadout when i go to the loadout screen on the ship and i havent pushed anything.
    I have also found that on most ships if you open the ship window and sit on the loadout screen, in most cases the loadouts wont revert cause you changed everything then saved the loadout while still on the loadout screen.
    I have also noticed that swapping ships on ground will not allow you to make changes without them being reloaded once you beam up to space. the issue is random and it effects many ships. I for one cannot pin it on just one ship.
    I have also had situations where if i go to change the boffs, AND switch to the loadout screen and continue to update before saving i have had boffs and other stuff revert anyway while trying to change the tray.
    There are intermittent situations where i literally have to save the loadout each section i change before moving on to the next.
    This is verry random it has happened on many ships so i cant begin to tag one ship as the source of the problem.
    If the above doesnt help let me know and i will try to be more descriptive about what i have seen.
    Also, NEVER change a ship in the shipyard you have changed to if there is a loadout present, cause as soon as you beam up the loadout will reload once you get to space. even thou you switched the ship and the loadout reloaded all the gear. The gear will revert back once your in space and you will also get everything moved into your bank inventory which you cannot get to while your in orbit.

yes this seem to summerise it quite nicely