test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ways to slow down leveling

I'm kinda old-school - I don't want to race to the finish line level-wise. I'd like a way to slow down leveling, things like being able to disable XP for certain activities (e.g., Duty Officer missions), or a setting to put XP gain back to how it was at launch.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    Don’t do patrols, dof, or admiralty missions then. Of course you will still go up like 1 level every time you turn in a mission. You still get get to about the Duson arc before you will level out. If you didn’t turn in the missions you might be able to get through a few more arcs before you hit Admiral. It would be an interesting experiment maybe. Unfortunately with dilithium reward cuts, I think there is little reason to level a new toon. They would probably have to introduce a new species before I would consider it.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,541 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Even just doing R&D you level a lot quicker than in most other games. I leveled a Kobali alt doing almost nothing with her but R&D since I wanted to get a Samsar (the only playable Kobali ship) for her to level in (at that time I didn't know the odds of getting an epic phoenix token were so abysmally low as to be practically impossible).

But even trying to slow her leveling she went up surprisingly fast and when she hit the level for T5 I gave up trying to stick with Kobali ships as part of her theme and put her in a different Delta Alliance ship (a Nihydran Destroyer), which is at least plausible thematically if not exactly ideal.

No matter what you do, the only way to keep them from rocketing up compared to other games is to not play that character at all. The game is good at any level though, so even though it can be annoying when doing a theme sometimes, it is not a dealbreaker by any means.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Even just doing R&D you level a lot quicker than in most other games.
    Really? The R&D miniscule XP gains come only at levelling schools to 5, 10 and 15 from the accolades!

Anyway, your character level only determines how much of the game content you can access.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/