test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to get a Crossfield?

missmel#5308 missmel Member Posts: 99 Arc User
Hi I'm a new player. I can't figure out where I can get a Crossfield.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Basically the only ways you can get one is from a lockbox, the legendary pack available at certain times from the c-store, or the exchange in game..
    There is also the option of the meta event spread out throughout the year ( if they do one again next year ) that will give you a single choice from previous lockbox ships or infinity lockbox ships for free given that you do the appropriate events contained in the meta event..

Stowiki.org has alot of the information you may seek regarding ships n weaponry n such for the game that may be helpful to you as a new player..
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Crossfield_class
  • Options
    missmel#5308 missmel Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Thanks 😇 wish it wasn't so hard 😞
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,787 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    If you want one for "free" Crossfield doing the event campaign is a guaranteed way to get any lockbox or lobi ship you want, however it requires a lvl 60 character, the need to do it daily without missing a single day and bonus days count since it adds up to the overall points, effectively you could earn about 3500 points by your third or fourth part of a campaign.

Your 2 options is either spend money on a Crossfield or grind for one.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    If you want one for "free" Crossfield doing the event campaign is a guaranteed way to get any lockbox or lobi ship you want, however it requires a lvl 60 character, the need to do it daily without missing a single day and bonus days count since it adds up to the overall points, effectively you could earn about 3500 points by your third or fourth part of a campaign.

You can miss quite a number of days and still complete the event, it's not required to "not miss a single day."
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options

You can miss quite a number of days and still complete the event, it's not required to "not miss a single day."

However it does speed up the process.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,277 Arc User

However it does speed up the process.

It does speed up but it's not needed, only recommended if you want to do it ASAP.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    If you do the participating events EVERY day, including days after you've gained the individual event's reward, you can actually get the big campaign reward around one event early. The math works out to account for only doing the minimum, which is typically 2 weeks per event. If you do all 3 weeks, you can potentially take a whole event off and still get it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,529 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    21 days per event x 5 events = 105 days. 3500 / 50 progress points = 70 days. 35 spare days = 1 1/2 events extra. The event campaign is very forgiving of missed days.

(People do need to be careful about trying to finish any of the events on the last days for them if they play during mornings Pacific US time, since the servers could be down for maintenance.)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    I live in Central time zone, so I can play early mornings before maint. It doesn't start for me till 9 am.

I never get in a hurry and use the extra days to skip some days if something comes up that would prevent me playing some days.

Also, remember that lockbox ships are character-bound. You'd have to remember to open the ship box on the character that you want to have it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    echatty wrote: »
    I live in Central time zone, so I can play early mornings before maint. It doesn't start for me till 9 am.

I never get in a hurry and use the extra days to skip some days if something comes up that would prevent me playing some days.

Also, remember that lockbox ships are character-bound. You'd have to remember to open the ship box on the character that you want to have it.

Me too, it's a sound plan. I usually start doing it at 7 am eastern time, I figured I'll drink coffee, eat breakfast and wipe the sleep from my eyes after getting the event done for the day, I know I can at least get 3 separate STO accounts done while half asleep before maintenance, since I've done it before.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,666 Arc User
    If you see Ned Flanders show up, saying he can get one for you....RUN! :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjyqe7x1nck
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    TBH, if you see the big legenday bundle, it's pretty much worth it, especially if you like the crossfield. you get the Oddy with a hangar, the TMP connie which is a good ship, the discoprise, another good ship, the Kelvin Connie, and the Intrepid which is arguably the best sci ship in game
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.