test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happened to the red alert event?

morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
You know, this one that was supposed to happen today?
It's okay if y'all forgot to turn it on, just let us know it will be tomorrow.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,012 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Blog states From November 3rd at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) – November 17th at 10am PT (19:00 CEST). It begins on console today till 8th
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    edited December 2022
    Yeah, THAT one ran its course and is over. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    I am currently looking at a post on the PC news tab that lists a Red Alert event running "From December 1st at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) – December 8th at 10am PT (19:00 CEST)"

This is probably an event for Console, but it's definitely on the PC news tab as well and does not specify that it is a Console only event.
  • Options
    I am currently looking at a post on the PC news tab that lists a Red Alert event running "From December 1st at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) – December 8th at 10am PT (19:00 CEST)"

This is probably an event for Console, but it's definitely on the PC news tab as well and does not specify that it is a Console only event.

Well, I would certainly love to know where you're seeing that, because I am unable to locate such an announcement. 🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options

Ah! Well, if you'll notice, it is tagged Xbox and Playstation at the bottom of that blog. I should also point out that that blog is on the old website, which though it is still maintained, is no longer the go-to site. That same blog on the new website: https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11531353 specifies more clearly that it is indeed a Console event. Sorry for any mix up, folks.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    I've had a tab pinned in Firefox for years. I knew that Gearbox had purchased the game, but didn't realize there was a new website. Guess I need to change my pinned tab.

Thanks for clearing things up.
  • Options
    kdftoonaltkdftoonalt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    On the PC news it says galaxy goes to red alert on console yet it is posted on the PC news. You read the article and it doesn't say pc or console unless I have read the thing so much in the past that I can't catch the wording. So is this a PC or console event. I can't find anything in the game that allows for me to do the red alert event, so is it posted on the wrong news page? Is there a PC Red Alert Event?
  • Options
    @kdftoonalt It's helpful to maybe look around the forum and see if your question has already been answered. Yes, it is a Console only event, as stated earlier in this pre-existing thread. 😊 /Merged
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    misterskimisterski Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    @kdftoonalt It's helpful to maybe look around the forum and see if your question has already been answered. Yes, it is a Console only event, as stated earlier in this pre-existing thread. 😊 /Merged

Yeah but that's also how necro posts happen, when people search for such posts and don't look at the date, which you and the other mods have to then clean up. It's a sick cycle :p
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    in fairness to OP:

This article was listed on the PC game launcher. Yes, it says console in the actual article, but the NON-CONSOLE game launcher had this listed as an uncoming event starting December 1. That is, until newer articles bumped it off.

I made the same mistake yesterday, thinking they were doing another Red Alert event.

Blame falls squarely on whoever is posting these console events on the PC game launcher.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    nccmark wrote: »
    in fairness to OP:

This article was listed on the PC game launcher. Yes, it says console in the actual article, but the NON-CONSOLE game launcher had this listed as an uncoming event starting December 1. That is, until newer articles bumped it off.

I made the same mistake yesterday, thinking they were doing another Red Alert event.

Blame falls squarely on whoever is posting these console events on the PC game launcher.

It seems likely that the news posts on the game launcher are updated with the ARC website, so stuff that's on there shows up on the PC Launcher. I imagine a lot of these issues are just hiccups caused by the transition to GearBox with 2 actively updated websites for the same game. I'm sure it also doesn't help that the Dev's were already busy before the change of ownership.

That said; I still logged in Thursday prepared to do some Red Alerts.
This discussion has been closed.