test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BECOME THE PRAETOR!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
edited December 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Praetor Command Warbird Battlecruiser is now available in the Infinity Lock Box!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11530813
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    BECOME THE GOOSAETOR!
    Mad-Goose-T-.jpg
    Sorry I cant unsee it :D

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    BECOME THE GOOSAETOR!
    Mad-Goose-T-.jpg

I find it looks like a swooping eagle. I so want it, but chances of getting it ZERO
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    And live with the hourly risk of being stabbed in the back?

No thanks, I'm happy being a Starfleet officer.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    The thing does look a little ridiculous, but then again so does Kukulkan's ship and that is one I would like to have if the devs ever make it.

I am disappointed by the SNW depiction of Romulans, they used the TNG Romulans to base them on, not the TOS ones, which are both physically (at least in the case of the Romulan Commander) and culturally wrong for the era, and the ship is no exception to that sense of wrongness, but it looks interesting despite that. Another nice feature is that with a maneuver of 7 it is a lot less ungainly than the D'Deridex.
  • Options
    dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    BECOME THE GOOSAETOR!
    Mad-Goose-T-.jpg

I agree 100%
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    It may be a SNW design, but in my opinion it just looks strange.
    The console looks like it could be fun on a T'varo stealth bomber next to the big red ball of doom.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Well its design is really not consistent with the Romulan ships of the game, I think it would be better if it was not tied in to the story as a Praetor ship.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    SNW is a lot better written than the rest of NuTrek, but they still suffer from a lot of things that break compatibility that are done for eye-candy purposes. This ship is one of those, but personally I am inclined to ignore the problem in this case because TAS showed some really bizarre ship designs and the Romulans could have built one purely for the psychological effect of it (which is probably the same reason they made the D'Deridex class so inefficiently large in the TNG era).

Also, apparently in that alternate future it seems the Romulans are not as economically challenged as they were in TOS to field the huge armada in A Quality of Mercy without leaving the rest of their borders stripped of defenses, and the Tal Shiar or whoever was behind the corruption of the Senate (and presumably the Praetorate) that was mentioned in Balance of Terror apparently took over much sooner and more completely than they did in TOS.
  • Options
    ferroequusferroequus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Waited until it got put up on the Exchange and then transplanted the Spinal Mount Plasma Torpedo console (and the Trait) to my Legendary Light Intel Warbird. The thing packs quite a wallop but the recharge time is glacially slow.
This discussion has been closed.