test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Boff Uniform Bug

boxcar35boxcar35 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
I've reported a bug for one of my Romulan Boffs. This crew is Romulan allied and should be able to wear the Romulan/Klingon Alliance uniform. I've tried to use the apply to character button, to no avail. Went to uniform button, found a Klingon Alpha 1 for the top, it looks like a muscle suit under layer. In my chat box I get " You cannot change the species of the character" statement. I've tried regular Klingon uniforms and Each attempt kicks back to original uniform. This only one of two Boffs on this crew with this uniform issue. I've sent screenshots, hope they help. Anyone with this issue also?

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,239 Community Moderator
    This Romulan BOFF, how did you acquire it? Was it awarded via leveling up? Or did you purchase it from the Exchange? What other uniforms can it wear? Can you provide the platform that you're playing on and character name?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    boxcar35 wrote: »
    In my chat box I get " You cannot change the species of the character" statement.
    Sounds like the bug whereby we cannot alter Boff outfits unless they're on your current Away Team.
    Put that Boff on your Away Team; relog/restart; edit the boff outfit; switch back to the original boff on your Away team; relog/restart.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • boxcar35boxcar35 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Tana'mara was awarded. She cannot change to any other uniform. I have outfitted her in other uniforms, when it came time to save the outfit and hit the purchase button the subject character changes to Tovan Khev. I'm playing on a Dell PC with AMD processor. The character is Tana'mara, unchanged since activation.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    boxcar35 wrote: »
    ...when it came time to save the outfit and hit the purchase button the subject character changes to Tovan Khev.
    Aye, it definitely sounds exactly like what I said:
    Sounds like the bug whereby we cannot alter Boff outfits unless they're on your current Away Team.
    Put that Boff on your Away Team; relog/restart; edit the boff outfit; switch back to the original boff on your Away team; relog/restart.

- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • chuckiii#3391 chuckiii Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Try putting the BOFF in your away team then exit the game and then log back in. then go to tailor and retry to put the uniform on your BOFF.
  • chuckiii#3391 chuckiii Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    That's how i get around this issue. good luck.............
  • boxcar35boxcar35 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Your workaround was successful. I see that I must do this for each toon. Thank you very much for your help! Much joy! :-) Peace!