test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SUPERIOR ROMULAN OPERATIVE SWITCHED TO SUPERIOR SUBTERFUGE

wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 931 Arc User
edited October 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This post relates to TICKET #807746, as the GM who responded suggested I should post the bug here "to increase visibility of the issue."

(Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

The initial ticket, as submitted in-game, with minor spelling corrections pointed out by forum auto-correct follows:
On my character Vorik, my RomTac1 bridge officer has Superior Subterfuge rather than Superior Romulan Operative. He would have been purchased before the recent changes to the embassy, so he would have been a blue bridge officer with Superior Romulan Operative who turns purple after purchase. Also he would have been purchased quite a while ago, but I could not say when, within the past year, I think, as I do not believe I have had this character very long. I made him in anticipation of the Vulcan ship from Lower Decks that he is flying now.

I have checked every other character on my account and none of them seem to have this issue. I find it entirely unbelievable I would have purchased the wrong bridge officer all that time ago and never noticed till now. I have always been very paranoid when buying it to make sure I get the correct male blue one that turns purple and gives Superior Romulan Operative and would always check the boff after being commissioned to make sure it went through properly.

When the changes to the embassy were announced, I went through on every character I had, who had enough resources to get it, and made sure I had at least two of those blue-to-purple bridge officers, because they are less expensive than the purple ones that got introduced with the recent update, and all of those seem to be fine.

I would appreciate this being investigated. The old blue-to-purple Superior Romulan Operatives were supposed to not be touched with the update, but I can't imagine I would have had this boff this whole time without him being a Superior Romulan Operative, so perhaps it is an odd fluke?

The other blue-to-purple Superior Romulan Operative I bought for him, "RomTac2" Is perfectly fine, the way RomTac1 is meant to be.

I don't know if you can swap out the trait on him or if he will need to be replaced or what. I expect you will tell me what options we have for correcting whatever the heck caused him to be the only embassy boff on my account (as far as I have found) who is not the Superior Romulan Operative he's supposed to be.

Thank you for your time.

(Flaming, trolling comments and private correspondence removed. - BMR)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    (Discussion of moderation removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    @wrathofachilles If you have an issue with Badd's moderating I am sure he would be happy to discuss it privately if you send him a message. Openly discussing moderation on the forum is not allowed.
    Badd is a very amicable person and would be more than happy to discuss whatever grievance you feel you have with him.
    In relation to the private correspondence, it is against forum policy to include any third party communication with yourself, another player or support in any thread or post you create. So therefore Badd acted correctly in moderating out such content.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    OP, I'm sorry but it is against forum rules to post private correspondence regardless of whether you believe you should be allowed to or not, as you are not the only person involved in the correspondence. That being said, I am bringing your issue to the attention of the devs in order to clarify whether this was an intended change to said BOFFs or a bug that needs to be fixed. Thank you for your report.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    fftsukifftsuki Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    I did not know they had a subterfuge 3 boff. Neat
  • Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello, @wrathofachilles
    After having Vorik investigated RomTac1 was created on 2022-07-08, and came with the power Superior Subterfuge. It does appear you had accidentally bought the wrong boff. I'm sure you can probably work with CS to get the cost of the items re-imbursed as long as you discard that BOFF.