test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Oversight: no way for console to disable in game flyins (not sure where to put this)

discodragonftw#5507 discodragonftw Member Posts: 79 Arc User
when going through the settings menu looking for a way to disable the ingame pop-ups (flyins) there's no setting in game that allows it I know it's possible to do on Neverwinter but not here I have attached screenshots showcasing that the option to hide flyins simply isn't there
Post edited by discodragonftw#5507 on

Comments

• Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    You mean those annoying dialogue windows that popup and cover your Rotary window abilities making it impossible to see what ability you want to click on, yeah sorry there is no way to stop that. I would have thought they would have made it so your abilities wheel appeared over top of the dialogue, but it appears common sense is lacking in that area and has been for years.
  • Options
    discodragonftw#5507 discodragonftw Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    You mean those annoying dialogue windows that popup and cover your Rotary window abilities making it impossible to see what ability you want to click on, yeah sorry there is no way to stop that. I would have thought they would have made it so your abilities wheel appeared over top of the dialogue, but it appears common sense is lacking in that area and has been for years.

no I mean the flyins that "say so and so" has won a ship"
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Oh Those, to be honest I just don't notice them any more, but i see how they could be annoying.
  • Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    I thought it was a reference to fly-in (and fly-out) cutscenes as your ship enters and leaves a system. Yeah, we need a setting to turn those off as well, or at least allow a “B” button skip like with the longer cutscenes.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    Yes, the lockbox rewards fly-in can be annoying and it would be nice have a way to disable them. However; a few years ago it was even worse. The text was HUGE and was really distracting.

I agree these have been a pain for years. Try the Forged in Fire task force during the stage where the techs work at the consoles you won't be able to see your radial menu because of all the dialogue windows popping up.