test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Eye of the Storn - Window to the Soul

For the love of all things, allow us to toggle auto fire on weapons. This entire season and its content has been atrocious button spamming to fire weapons. How did this pass any validation testing?

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,325 Arc User
    I will add an oversight in this mission here instead of creating a new topic.

The guardian drones during the mission do not appear to be mechanical opponents. If this can be added then some of the underused kit modules aimed at mechanical foes can see some use.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    gishka#4096 gishka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    In these new Terran episodes being forced to control the inquisitor is not fun: You're unable to move anything in the tray or enable auto-fire.

I have accessibility issues and it's a horrible experience that's painful to get through. I'll never replay any of these episodes.
    Dahar Master Gishka - I.K.S. Storm of Quin'lat
    tlhIngan maH taHjaj!
  • Options
    fumpspokefumpspoke Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    The characters and ships I have spent years earning bonuses for and upgrading are not relevant to this mission.

The Inquisitor character I am forced to play as, is feared throughout the Mirror Universe. It must be due to his ability to solo the universe with a Phaser rifle, a knife, two kit modules and a hypospray. Am I playing as Chuck Norris?

Please can I use my characters again going forward? Thanks.
  • Options
    bluemaxx9#2043 bluemaxx9 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I would greatly prefer if these missions simply put a costume on my character, but allowed me to keep all of my abilities, traits, gear, etc. So, they same way it works when you get disguised as Klingons or Vaadwaur in some of the earlier episodes. The Inquisitor is supposed to be the mirror version of our own character, so I don't think it is unreasonable to let them have the same abilities that our characters do in the Prime universe.

This isn't like when we are asked to play as a Tzenkethi, or one of the Ferengi in Quark's Lucky Seven. So much of the mechanical frustration of playing as the inquisitor would disappear if it was just a costume swap. To be brutally honest, the Inquisitor-specific abilities do not add to my immersion in any significant way. I appreciate the attempt at making thematic and profession-appropriate abilities, but they are not so entertaining or useful that they make up for taking away not only the several dozen abilities a player normally has by that point in the game, but also basic quality-of-life things like autofire and the ability to move powers in the ability trays.

I would prefer the Inquisitor's ship was also just a costume over our actual ships for similar reasons, but getting the ground character changed is much more important to me.

Bottom line: replacing my character and ship with the Inquisitor rather than simply making it a costume swap is not making the episodes more fun. It is, in fact, making them less fun.