test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Amother Red Alert Event incoming.

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11524483

I guess the new content needs more time to be released.
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Good. It's not like players risk missing out on something unique, so it shouldn't really contribute to event fatigue.

Personally I can use the tech upgrades as I've been creating quite a few new characters. And for those who are considering creating a new recruit, these rewards will likely also come in handy.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I guess no Experimental ship upgrade this time
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Some of the Red Alert episodes ought to be revisited by the Devs for an upgrade or at least a polishing.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Some of the Red Alert episodes ought to be revisited by the Devs for an upgrade or at least a polishing.

especially as everyone just plays the borg one. which is indicative of two problems. 1: one a play level imbalance. 2: the borg really need some tweeks because right now they suffer from an insane state of villian decay. IMHO they're damn near perfect on the ground, but in space need some tweeks.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    First of all, everyone does not just play the Borg Red Alert. Yes many do but not everyone. If I am tired or have time constraints, then I play the Borg Red Alert because it is short. I have played the Tholian and the Elachi. I am not sure I have ever played the Tzenkethi Red Alert and will be glad when the fail condition is removed in the future.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    First of all, everyone does not just play the Borg Red Alert. Yes many do but not everyone. If I am tired or have time constraints, then I play the Borg Red Alert because it is short. I have played the Tholian and the Elachi. I am not sure I have ever played the Tzenkethi Red Alert and will be glad when the fail condition is removed in the future.

I prefer the Tholian over the Borg but the wait time for the queue to pop can be so long that I just give up and join the curb-stomping.

It's still a decent alert for a fresh 50 captain, but the level 65 scaled version needs some buffs.

• Options
    I really enjoy the Tzenkethi RA, but it can take a very long time to start.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »

The comment about removing the fail condition has been in the blogs for a very long time - I doubt they're still seriously looking into it.

And in my opinion, they shouldn't remove it. There are other RA's for those who want guaranteed progress for the event. Keeping fail conditions in one to keep it a bit challenging shouldn't be a problem at all.

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    The Tholian RA has become almost as quick to complete as the Borg RA. The Elachi RA I find enjoyable for the most part.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I do the Tholian all the time.

With tongue-in-cheek, it is theoretically possible to fail the Tholian and Borg Red Alerts - if the timer runs out. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I do the Tholian all the time.

With tongue-in-cheek, it is theoretically possible to fail the Tholian and Borg Red Alerts - if the timer runs out. ;)

That used to happen occasionally way back in the days before everyone had T6x ships and high-powered event consoles, I have not seen it happen in the last year or two though I don't think they ever removed the timer.

I usually only do the Borg RA if there is a "Kill Borg Ships" endeavor I need to do, it is too short to be practical when I lose connection on almost every single map change and have to log in again quickly to get to the RA. I usually que up first for the Na'kuhl one and if it does not pop in a minute or so add the Elachi one, then if that one isn't moving I finally que up the Tholian one (which usually pops in a few seconds) and go on whichever one finally pops.
This discussion has been closed.