test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DSC Klingon with Invisible legs

amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
edited June 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I was just testing out new outfits on Risa for my Discovery Era Klingon, and he has no legs while wearing Boardshorts, swimwear, etc... see screenshots of various outfits. Going to be a strange summer without a fix. B)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    /moved to Bug Reports for greater visibility.

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    /moved to Bug Reports for greater visibility.

Much appreciated B) Wait a minute... Greater visibility... LOL was that pun intended?
    Post edited by amleth125 on
    edited June 2022
    Just remembered having a similar invisibility issue on another character. My Romulan ex-Borg has no arms for his baseball uniform - see image

Kinda makes his hands look like detached nacelles! Hmm... wonder how effectively they can operate beyond the range of his sleeves? Might make him a hell of a fielder! B)
    Post edited by amleth125 on
    Maybe it's not so bad, having detached nacelles, hands or feet... I could say my characters have been to the 32c for upgrades B)
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Change the character's name to Lt. Dan.
    Truly Cryptic updates are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get, or when you're going to get it, or what unintended consequences they'll come with... B)
    Seriously though, with all of the other bugs that have more serious, debilitating consequences to gameplay currently plaguing STO, I don't doubt that it will take a long time for this aesthetic problem to be prioritized and addressed... :(
    With Risa becoming active tomorrow, guess I'll have to be content running around with detached feet and no legs if I want to enjoy beachwear...
    edited July 2022
    I'm thinking of changing my character's name in honor of Risa and LOTR... What do you think of "Leg'O'Lost"?
    edited July 2022
    By the way, noticed that the cap is missing for my male DSC Klingon Baseball Uniform, and yes I know where it's supposed to be in the taylor selector menu, but it's not offered as an option. At least not for the Denebean Slime Devil Home uniform.
  • redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I also have a 32nd Century Klingon when I wear shorts on Risa
    On the brighter side, there is one advantage to having invisible legs... I can better see & apppreciate the design on my powerboard when I lose a race, which seems to be more often than not. B)
    I also have a 32nd Century Klingon when I wear shorts on Risa

I assume that you also haven't got a leg to stand on then? At least it's a conversation starter. B)
  • archbetharchbeth Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    (I have a Reman with no arms *or* legs in one of her Risa outfits. I blame it on a stealth module glitch... ;)
    archbeth wrote: »
    (I have a Reman with no arms *or* legs in one of her Risa outfits. I blame it on a stealth module glitch... ;)

As good an explanation as any I've heard, thank goodness we get to keep our heads. B)
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 562 Arc User
    This is also affecting Remans (in my case, Reman females).
  • knighthawk#6091 knighthawk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am having the same problem with my Discovery Era Klingon missing his legs feet are there though and is look very funny when flying
    I am having the same problem with my Discovery Era Klingon missing his legs feet are there though and is look very funny when flying

Well, Risa has come and gone for another year, without a resolution to the missing limbs or other clipping issues I've been reading about when wearing Risan outfits, maybe if I'm still around next year some progress will have been made. Can it really be that hard a fix? :(
    This update will fix many of the Uniforms, but others are still being investigated.

So said the last line of the 8/2/22 update, so perhaps there is some hope afterall B)