test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Floater issues on Risa 2022

carvin72carvin72 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
edited July 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I got the new floater this year, but I am having issues. When I activate the floater, not only is the floater NOT displayed, it changes my character's outfit. Anybody know of a workaround or is it just a bug, that hopefully will be fixed?
CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Answers

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    /moved to Bug Reports subforum for higher visibility
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    jzsquaredjzsquared Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I too am having this same problem. I see it happening to many people in the game, not sure why there aren't more posts about it. I contacted support about it and they told me they are aware of the problem and the developers are looking into a solution. They also told me there is no ETA on a fix.
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    Looks like somebody created this thread already. I'll copy and paste my original post here.

Seems like I've encountered a bug with the Floaters: some of my characters have their appearances revert back to the previous uniform when wearing swim suits and using a Floater. The ones that this happened to are my female Klingon (TNG KDF Recruit), and my female Bajoran Fed.

It's possible this is happening to other races (and other genders) but for right now, the only ones I've observed this happening to are Klingon and Bajoran females.

Additionally: the floater is invisible when this glitch happens.

Context: I loaded into the map wearing a different uniform, and grinding to obtain Lohlunats to purchase bathing suits. Once I purchased the bathing suit and put it on one of my characters and switched to the bathing suit, the appearance reverts to the previous uniform i was wearing when I first loaded into the map as soon as I activate the Floater.
  • Options
    simonwaterssimonwaters Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Is it just me or does everyone have this problem?

I got 3 Characters doing the Summer Event. One works fine, but there is an issue with the others.

I change them into Beach attire, and as soon as I activate a floater, they change back into uniform until I stop the floater.

Is this a known issue? Should I put in a ticket?
  • Options
    Is it just me or does everyone have this problem?

I got 3 Characters doing the Summer Event. One works fine, but there is an issue with the others.

I change them into Beach attire, and as soon as I activate a floater, they change back into uniform until I stop the floater.

Is this a known issue? Should I put in a ticket?

No, you're right; it's everybody that's having this problem. The thing is: it seems to be limited to specific species or specific combinations of floaters and summer gear. In MY case, it's with these characters of mine:
    -Klingon KDF (female) wearing a swimsuit (halter) and an enhanced floater (gray)
    -Bajoran Fed (female) wearing a swimsuit (string bikini) and an enhanced floater (orange)

Another thing to note is that I tried arming my Klingon woman with a winter weapon (Freezing Mist) during one gathering, and it had the same effect of hiding the weapon and displaying the previous uniform she had on before I put her in her bathing suit.
  • Options
    jzsquaredjzsquared Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    So it seems I only have this problem with my character when I use the "bare chest" option in the tailor for my outfit. I use a hula shirt for my other outfit and the outfit doesn't change when I equip a floater and the floater doesn't go invisible. But if I use my outfit with the "bare chest" option, my outfit is now reverted to my hula shirt outfit, but the floater doesn't go invisible. When my outfit reverted to my uniform before, the floater would go invisible. I don't know if that information will help, just thought I would share it.
  • Options
    jzsquared wrote: »
    So it seems I only have this problem with my character when I use the "bare chest" option in the tailor for my outfit. I use a hula shirt for my other outfit and the outfit doesn't change when I equip a floater and the floater doesn't go invisible. But if I use my outfit with the "bare chest" option, my outfit is now reverted to my hula shirt outfit, but the floater doesn't go invisible. When my outfit reverted to my uniform before, the floater would go invisible. I don't know if that information will help, just thought I would share it.

What's the race of your character?
  • Options
    husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    I don't think it's limited to a specific species or even a specific combination of floaters or summer gear, at least not that I've found in testing so far. Out of my 22 characters only one has this problem, my Caitain who is wearing Shorts -Red &Palm and nothing else. When I moved him to Risa he was wearing the Omega Force outfit and that was the outfit the game defaulted him to when I equipped his floater (Floater Impulse -Black/Gold). I did find a work around that solved this for me, perhaps it will work for others.

1-While on Risa visit the tailor and click on Customize Clothing then select Tailor
    2-Select your Risa outfit and select Modify and then select Save Outfit
    3-Select Cancel and then select the outfit the game equips on you when you equip your floater and select Modify
    4-Select Save Outfit so you can restore it at a later date
    5-Select Load Outfit and select your Risa outfit you saved in Step 2, load it and Save Outfit
    6-You should now be able to equip your floater and maintain your Risa outfit
    Post edited by husk10#9106 on
  • Options
    wesgunder1wesgunder1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I don't think it's limited to a specific species or even a specific combination of floaters or summer gear, at least not that I've found in testing so far. Out of my 22 characters only one has this problem, my Caitain who is wearing Shorts -Red &Palm and nothing else. When I moved him to Risa he was wearing the Omega Force outfit and that was the outfit the game defaulted him to when I equipped his floater (Floater Impulse -Black/Gold). I did find a work around that solved this for me, perhaps it will work for others.

1-While on Risa visit the tailor and click on Customize Clothing then select Tailor
    2-Select your Risa outfit and select Modify and then select Save Outfit
    3-Select Cancel and then select the outfit the game equips on you when you equip your floater and select Modify
    4-Select Save Outfit so you can restore it at a later date
    5-Select Load Outfit and select your Risa outfit you saved in Step 2, load it and Save Outfit
    6-You should now be able to equip your floater and maintain your Risa outfit

Unfortunately this doesn't work, cause now each outfit being saved is now corrupting.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Interesting. After reading your post I logged in my Caitian for further testing. I was successfully able to restore my Omega Force outfit I saved in step 4 with no apparent corruption. I then equipped my original Risa outfit and equipped my floater to see if the problem would still happen, it did. I then wiped clean all my outfit saves just to be sure I started with a clean slate (not that it should matter). I then followed the steps I outlined and once again, problem solved. In fact I went one step further this time and over wrote my original Risa outfit with the saved Omega Force outfit from step 4 essentially swapping the outfit positions. I can now equip each of my outfits and equip the floater with no problems.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    It's happening to one of my characters that didn't previously have this problem until today.

I created 2 more uniform slots (my cursor was on the summer gear when I created 2 more slots), I then saved outfits, "moved" the outfits over to the end to insert my 2 new outfits, and now it's my new slot that I designated for the Summer outfit that is glitching out with the floater.

It's happening to my Zhaan character (Alien Fed Female), her summer gear was her 11th outfit slot, but it's now her 13th slot after making a new 2 new uniform sets for her.
    Post edited by roninwolf1981#2968 on
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'm having this problem, too. Only on one costume slot on one character, my andorian.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    yep its issue is getting worse each day no matter what fix we try it will just return. Along with another side effect that it can lower the performance of the floater if you actually bought the new or any of the more expensive ones (+70 performance versions). Since the rental one is at base performance, won't notice its changes. Thankfully this bug hasn't caused issue with completing the daily yet. though if your floater bugs to slower speed it can take longer.
  • Options
    Looks Like part of this will be fixed in tomorrows Patch
  • Options
    wesgunder1 wrote: »
    Looks Like part of this will be fixed in tomorrows Patch

Perhaps. They did say in the patch notes they were looking into other issues.

• Options
    Part they are fixing is this...
    Resolved an issue that was causing various swimsuit pieces to not appear properly.
    This update will fix many swimsuit issues, but others are still being investigated.
  • Options
    Neverminded nothing is Fixed.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I tried to implement a "fix" by overriding the affected Outfit Slot by saving one of my older officer uniforms (deleting the existing one prior), and loading the new save onto the Outfit Slot intended for the beachwear set. I then tested it out by having her walk in this Trial outfit slot and then switch her floater on; it worked up to this point: Zhaan was able to wear her trial outfit while also use the floater. I then manually dressed her up in the beachwear set for that same slot. It was there that the issue came back: her appearance reverted back to the previous appearance she had with this slot.

So this didn't work at all...
  • Options
    I tried to implement a "fix" by overriding the affected Outfit Slot by saving one of my older officer uniforms (deleting the existing one prior), and loading the new save onto the Outfit Slot intended for the beachwear set. I then tested it out by having her walk in this Trial outfit slot and then switch her floater on; it worked up to this point: Zhaan was able to wear her trial outfit while also use the floater. I then manually dressed her up in the beachwear set for that same slot. It was there that the issue came back: her appearance reverted back to the previous appearance she had with this slot.

So this didn't work at all...

Have you tried saving your beachwear to costume slot 5 or creating it in slot 5?
  • Options
    diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    first it was invisible floater with some swimwear, now when i turn floater on, it change color of swimwear, and still invisible on some swimwear
  • Options
    I have the same problem with my female romulan, but it started today. I played a week using bikini and swinsuit normal, but today after made some changes on the body this bug started, my human female the swinsuit is working fine, but with my romulan not.
  • Options
    > @"astridwhitehair#9124" said:
    > I have the same problem with my female romulan, but it started today. I played a week using bikini and swinsuit normal, but today after made some changes on the body this bug started, my human female the swinsuit is working fine, but with my romulan not.
    >
    >

Now my human female is with the same problem.
  • Options
    The floater issue is also affecting the Bajoran female wearing the Formal Dress.
  • Options
    alliakora#2707 alliakora Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi there. Not sure if this applies here but here goes. This is a bug report for the PC version. The thread for the bug reports is closed so I had to find somewhere to post that is related to what I'm experiencing.

My character's name and handle: Selsa@alliakora#2707
    The last map I was in was Risa
    The issue concerns the floater you can use on Risa. My toon is wearing the String Bikini. Whenever I equip the floater, my outfit changes from the string bikini to my 23c duty uniform.
    The steps I have taken to try and resolve this (as recommended by my fleet) was changing the outfit slot where I had the string bikini outfit equiped from the Fleet Slot to the #2 slot. However, when I did this and equipped the floater, my outfit still changed from the string bikini to my 23c duty uniform.

I was wondering, what other steps are there for me to do?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    It looks like the issue is affecting an entire outfit slot, regardless of what they're wearing.

I saved one uniform and loaded that same uniform onto that outfit slot, and what I saw, the appearance of that specific outfit will simply revert back to the previous outfit.

The glitch happens if you created a new uniform slot IF you had the outfit selection set to one with the beachwear. If you need to create a new outfit, have your selected outfit on a duty uniform instead.

Here's an example: when I previously created the corrupted slot, I had the outfit selector set on Zhaan's beachwear. Since then, that specific slot has been corrupted, and I attempted to overwrite it by putting an on-duty uniform (Odyssey Captain's colors). Since then, that slot will only display the Captain's uniform when using the floater. Today, I attempted to overwrite it with the Fleet Admiral's colors, but when I attempt to use the floater, the uniform's colors will revert back to the Captain's colors.

What we need is the ability to DELETE OUTFITS, and I'm talking about deleting a whole outfit slot as a way to troubleshoot. We simply cannot overwrite an outfit slot, because the entire slot is corrupted. Currently, we do not have the ability to manually delete an outfit slot. We need one.