test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another ship ...

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    lock box ship. Don't care
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Yep. lockbox = hard pass
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    ozwynozwyn Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    single character unlock ships are definitely not my thing. pass.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Like i said in the announcement: nice trait and console, but with only Lt science crowd control is going to be difficult and is that not where dreadnoughts are supposed to excel? CC and tanking?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    questerius wrote: »
    Like i said in the announcement: nice trait and console, but with only Lt science crowd control is going to be difficult and is that not where dreadnoughts are supposed to excel? CC and tanking?

I'm waiting for a trait that turns warp plasma clouds into pseudo gravity wells. Not that I'd hold my breath. They're not even treated as anomalies for most purposes.

I'm just hoping they remove that annoying restriction where you cannot go at full speed while dropping some warp plasma.
    Combined with increasing the damage of the warp plasma it could allow for some nice niche builds for engineers, no let me rephrase that: niche builds for heavy engineering vessels.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    They should add the looks as an option for Styx owners.

We already know it's possible since it was (unintentionally) available for a while.

Most lock box ships get very few customisation options even though they're the most expensive ships in the game. Usually we're told this is because they can't afford it or it isn't worth the effort to create more parts for ships that are flown by few people (which is of course a questionable reason if you're actively limiting the number of those ships so you can justify the insane prices...)

But in this case we already know that the parts are, in principle, interchangeable. So now there is no reason not to give Styx owners more options.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    They should add the looks as an option for Styx owners.

We already know it's possible since it was (unintentionally) available for a while.

Most lock box ships get very few customisation options even though they're the most expensive ships in the game. Usually we're told this is because they can't afford it or it isn't worth the effort to create more parts for ships that are flown by few people (which is of course a questionable reason if you're actively limiting the number of those ships so you can justify the insane prices...)

But in this case we already know that the parts are, in principle, interchangeable. So now there is no reason not to give Styx owners more options.

If the new ship follows what has been established in the past...
    It will be an unlock for the Styx... upon claiming the new one. Just like all the others have in the past that later on got new variants.
    The new parts didn't automatically unlock for owners of the old ships when new variants came out. Prime examples being the Crossfield (with the Mirror and 32c Refit variants) and the DSC Connie (With the Mirror Connie variant)

Note I didn't mention Legendaries, because those come with ALL variants up to the release of that variant, and I felt that muddied the water a bit so I limited the examples to similar situations, IE lockbox release.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    i kinda like the console and the pets, but not the ship overall. much better than a toilet however. :)
    oh well, another LB ship to be left there.

Yeah....I like the console and trait, but wasn't a fan of the original dread and not a fan of the 25th century hammerhead version either.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I have no interest in a "Chance" at a ship and I have no interest in a ship that isn't account wide.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    For my needs, the Styx is superior to this one.. I just like the cosmetic options which I was able to use during the time when it was bugged. I already have a Styx that looks like an Acheron, so I can pass on this one. Might hold onto the event reward until I can use it on this ship if I really want it.

Either way, certainly not going to spend any money for it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    For my needs, the Styx is superior to this one.. I just like the cosmetic options which I was able to use during the time when it was bugged. I already have a Styx that looks like an Acheron, so I can pass on this one. Might hold onto the event reward until I can use it on this ship if I really want it.

Either way, certainly not going to spend any money for it.

This event reward won't allow players to buy the Acheron, right?
    You'd have to do the event next year because only then ships released this year will be included.

Or are saved, already claimed boxes updated each year?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    The coupon can be used to purchase a ship from the list of those made available by the devs, which usually updates based on time. When I got mine last year, the DSC Connie was still on the verboten list, but I checked about six months later (hadn't decided what I wanted by then) and there it was.

So if you don't mind waiting, it'll eventually be there. Me, I'm hanging on to mine until I can get a California-class.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    The coupon can be used to purchase a ship from the list of those made available by the devs, which usually updates based on time. When I got mine last year, the DSC Connie was still on the verboten list, but I checked about six months later (hadn't decided what I wanted by then) and there it was.

So if you don't mind waiting, it'll eventually be there. Me, I'm hanging on to mine until I can get a California-class.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I always thought you could only get a ship from an event box if it was listed as a possible reward when that same event was running.

Something to remember then, that that is not the case.

• Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    another shameless lockbox ship, another day in Lockbox Trek.
    The devs and community managers really don't give a TRIBBLE about maintaining the game. its all about squeezing whats left of the community for money
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Thing with whaling is there's only so many in the sea. As certain countries will rapidly discover and Cryptic.

I know a few whales who have recently directed their bank accounts elsewhere recently.

Either way, no c-store = no buy.........or attempt to buy.
This discussion has been closed.