test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Android BOFFs

chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
My question is, how many are there in total, and where do they come from?

I believe there are two from K-13, but I can't think of any others. Yet I am sure I recall someone once saying that it was possible to assemble a full self-rezzing away team, which would imply four.

I thought I dimly remembered there being an android BOFF as reward for one of the "recruit" campaigns, but I cannot find it now.

So, as always, I turn to the ultimate repository of arcane STO info, my fellow players :)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I thought I dimly remembered there being an android BOFF as reward for one of the "recruit" campaigns...
    No, but there is a Hologram boff.
    I can think of 3 androids though - the 2 from K-13 as you mention, and there's one available to Lifetime Subscribers at the Boff vendor on ESD/Qo'noS.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited May 2022
    There is the Lifetime Subscriber's Reward Android BOFF, the KT Model 0718 Android BOFF from the Temporal Agent Starter Pack, the two EXO III Model Android BOFFs from K-13 (of which, I believe you may have only one), and there's also the Synth Android (A600 series) Combat Pet from the First Contact Day event. So, I guess at this point you can have 3 Android BOFFs on your Away Team and 1 Android Combat Pet.

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Hologram Data when? Just asking.
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    We really need a Norman type android and a Ruk Boff to round out the away teams. Better yet give us an Android Captain option.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    Hologram Data when? Just asking.

they'd need tog et Brett Spinder to agree to come in for the game first.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    We really need a Norman type android and a Ruk Boff to round out the away teams. Better yet give us an Android Captain option.

You can make Ruk using an "alien" boff, I haven't made one myself but I have seen a few Ruk lookalikes running around in the game (except for the outfit, though I think there might be a way to get fairly close to that too).
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    There's the android combat pet, as well, if you really needed to max out your android team but it's a pet and not a boff.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Nelen Exil is not an android, but he has a self-rez ability if I remember correctly.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    There is the Lifetime Subscriber's Reward Android BOFF, the KT Model 0718 Android BOFF from the Temporal Agent Starter Pack, the two EXO III Model Android BOFFs from K-13 (of which, I believe you may have only one), and there's also the Synth Android (A600 series) Combat Pet from the First Contact Day event. So, I guess at this point you can have 3 Android BOFFs on your Away Team and 1 Android Combat Pet.

Hmm....I got that pack through a key giveaway recently....I got the ships, not sure where the BOFF would be though.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator

ericsonxx wrote: »

Hmm....I got that pack through a key giveaway recently....I got the ships, not sure where the BOFF would be though.

Assuming that you're referring to the KT Model 0718 Android BOFF, you should be able to find it under the Personnel Tab in the C-Store.

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    You should be able to claim the lifetime boff from the personal officer at your factions home base (esd/qonos) if memory serves you can select from either gender and either career but you can only select 1 and if you dismiss it you can't reclaim it.
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Lifetime android boffs are reclaimable. You have to dismiss the old one in order to purchase another one from the Boff vendor.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User

ericsonxx wrote: »

Assuming that you're referring to the KT Model 0718 Android BOFF, you should be able to find it under the Personnel Tab in the C-Store.

Found it thanks, still sitting on it though. At some point I think my Sci Alien Captain should fly a very odd looking ship with all Alien/Unique Boffs.
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User

You can make Ruk using an "alien" boff, I haven't made one myself but I have seen a few Ruk lookalikes running around in the game (except for the outfit, though I think there might be a way to get fairly close to that too).

The Tholian Silk Robes might work to make a Ruk Outfit. Or possibly some combination involving the Borath Robes
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

Along time ago there was a bug where people where able to get both of the k13 boffs I had seen other players with them on away teams on nimbus
This discussion has been closed.