test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hold the Line at Pahvo!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
edited June 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The living planet of Pahvo is once again the center of a siege by Terran forces. Gather your most trusted allies and come to its defense before they can manipulate its energies to be used as a weapon of galactic devastation!

The Defense of Pahvo Event will include multiple TFOs, previously featured individually, in a combined Featured Event that will allow players to choose their favored way of defending Pahvo each day, while earning Daily Progress toward a new grand prize reward. Defend the system space above the planet by maintaining and operating a series of defensive satellites, or take to the vibrant wilds of the planet’s surface to stop Terran forces from corrupting its mysterious energies.

Participating in this Event will progress you in our latest Event Campaign, and give all players the opportunity to earn Coalition Armor for their entire account! Keep reading for details on these items, how you can participate in the Event, and what additional prizes may be earned.

The Defense of Pahvo Event will run on PC from June 7th at 8am PT to June 28th at 10am PT.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11517293-hold-the-line-at-pahvo!

GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    This Featured Event will be the third of a series of upcoming Events that will participate in the third installment of our multi-event system known as an Event Campaign.

The third in a series of upcoming... Say what?

Is this the start of a new campaign or part of some existing campaign?
    Because I don't remember any previous chapters for this campaign, but maybe it started when I wasn't paying attention.
  • Options
    Yes, the previous two Events in this Event Campaign were Borg Resurgence (February 17th, 2022 - March 10th, 2022) and Reflections of Empire (March 17th, 2022 - April 7th, 2022).

GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    So it's not the "third in a series" but the "upcoming" that is wrong.

Thank you. At least my understanding is complete now. Can't say the same for anyone else that might read the article.

They really need to stop copying/pasting these notes. "Third in a series of upcoming..." is just nonsense. If the third part is here then it's not an upcoming anything. It's ongoing, no matter how many parts there may be left to come.

Now, as I look at my event window in-game, things have cleared up immensely.

I suppose that your answers have led me to another question, though... If I were to buyout one or more campaigns along the way would I still be able to receive the "grand prize" for the overall campaign series?
    I missed "Borg Resurgence" (wasn't active at that time) and "Reflections of Empire" (I was playing but I honestly couldn't care less about a Holo Mirror Janeway BOFF) but if I care to play the remaining parts then buying out those two parts may be on the table.

I would think yes, but I have thought wrong before.
    Also, does it matter when the buyout happens?

Thanks again for your time.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I suppose that your answers have led me to another question, though... If I were to buyout one or more campaigns along the way would I still be able to receive the "grand prize" for the overall campaign series?
    I missed "Borg Resurgence" (wasn't active at that time) and "Reflections of Empire" (I was playing but I honestly couldn't care less about a Holo Mirror Janeway BOFF) but if I care to play the remaining parts then buying out those two parts may be on the table.

I would think yes, but I have thought wrong before.
    Also, does it matter when the buyout happens?

Thanks again for your time.

I, personally, missed Borg Resurgence and came in on the end of Reflections of Empire. I bought out both Events and both added to my progress on the overall Event Campaign, so I would say, yes, you will still be eligible for the Event Campaign "grand prize," if you buy them out while they're still available. As for when the buyout happens, I would say again, as long as the Events and Campaign are still available to be bought out, you should still be able to claim the "grand prize" once it's completed.

GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    When does the event end?
    Post says 10 am (like always), but ingame says 8am.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    The in-game calendar adjusts for local time. Mine says 12 am. Are you in the Pacific American Time Zone?

Moreover, they normally update before 10am Pacific Time, so the server is normally down from 6 or 7. Either way, you probably don’t want to wait until the last minute.
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    The in-game colander adjusts for local time. Mine says 12 am. Are you in the Pacific American Time Zone?

Moreover, they normally update before 10am Pacific Time, so the server is normally down from 6 or 7. Either way, you probably don’t want to wait until the last minute.

I changed my system time to PT and saw the missing 2 hours as in my own time zone before I wrote my post.

Doing it after a possible patch on tuesday would work. If I want to do it before the typical tuesday patch, I have to use the 20 hour cooldown to get it done 11 hours earlier or skip one time.

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,526 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I think most people miss the last day anyway since it is only a partial day and the weekly maintenance eats the last few hours of it. The buyout button is usually active for at least a few days (sometimes weeks) after the event ends, though I would be leery about trusting it that far, and I think there is a way to buyout events that happened even earlier in the campaign somehow (I have never done it so I have not paid much attention to that part so I don't know how, or even if, it actually works).

As for time zones, in Windows you can set your clock to display multiple time zones on mouse hover, I found it handy to have three: Eastern, UTC, and Pacific, since various games tend to use one (or all) of them in announcements and whatnot, and occasionally another clock for some other time zone (you can set quite a few).
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I still can't fathom why the game still gives a end time that happens during a maintenance where the server can't be reached, instead of either a end time BEFORE the usual patch (which often happens at the same hour) or a simple "until maintenance of <insert day here>".
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.