test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

do you minecraft?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited May 2022 in Ten Forward
being a geek and a nerd, after all I play space ship games, I am wondering what is the appeal of minecraft,

A game with graphics worse than the atari (intended or not), very...limited gameplay, ok you build stuff, yay...
its turned its developer into a millionaire ALMOST overnight. Since I'd consider a year over night these days.

It appeals to some serious internet nerds, I mean all the things people are building and showing off, yet everything i've read or seen about the game doesn't interest me. The only thing that interests me is how so many people are interestED in minecraft.

So do you minecraft? And if so can you explain why it is awesome?
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, I can't speak for all the people that play. I love the game simply because i can build and destroy anything. Its simplicity is cool aswell, its a game you can play without getting stressed out. It forces people to use whats left of there imagination.....basically You make the game! Yeah the graphics are kinda crappy, but there is a reason for that.....the worlds / maps are endless any higher graphics your building area would be quite limited, although the crappy graphics don't bother me. There are texture packs that are available to atleast make things look a little better and or different. Over all its just a calm relaxing game where I can do whatever I want.

Give minecraft a chance man.....you might even like it :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Exploration, fully customizable, construction, resource gathering, survival, landscaping, economy, combat...

Did I miss anything, fellow Miners?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i might give it a chance by im afraid ill like it.

also what is there to find when you explore if there is no scripted content?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Natural formations such as lava pools, mountains, caves, waterfalls, lavafalls, canyons, forests, frozen tundra, deserts, even something like marshland and plains.

Not to mention resources like wood (from trees), sugar cane, clay, exposed deposits of coal and iron (most everything else is buried too deep to be exposed on the surface).
  • Options
    ryuaann#2896 ryuaann Member Posts: 3 Arc User

maybe there are those who love minecraft, I wanted to share with you not a bad community where there are a lot of mods, we can play together https://99minecraft.com/mods/enhanced-biomes-mod-1-7-10/
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    @darkbladejk @rattler2 AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH NECRO
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    OH DEAR GOD THE NECROMANCY! 11 year old zombie! BEGONE ZOMBIE!
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.