test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game is not playable

Comments

• Options
    polistheopolistheo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Well, having the same problem too.. too much lag makes the game unplayable and frustrating, honestly, i'm a ship collector, and im kinda tired of this rubberbanding and lag... wanted to buy the legendary Vesta... i'll withhold my purchases until things get better... i'm on every single stream, i'm on twitter supporting the devs, and i really love their work, but this network problems is an insult to their fine work (at least on the ships and ship systems side)
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User

Server instability and rubber banding issues from the content drop was due to a partition issue, and should be mostly fixed by now. If you're still having issues contact support.
    Rubber banding was pretty heavy throughout the game for me today in both mission and TFO/event play. Not so sure what they mean by a "partition issue". I think it's just due to the large number of players in-game with the new content release so something of a performance under load issue. My traceroute is about 100ms so great.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    funny that the game is unplayable.. my new Delta tends to differ, but she really needs a corset and a beret.. oh and aviator sunglasses.. the small round are not working for her
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    nixie50 wrote: »
    funny that the game is unplayable.. my new Delta tends to differ, but she really needs a corset and a beret.. oh and aviator sunglasses.. the small round are not working for her

I can't even begin to post on forums either. What's going on? In terms of starting a new topic.
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    With the issues this game is displaying the past few days it's not just the product that feels broken but my desire and want to play the game feels broken as well.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Actually there is a one thing i don't understand, how can you introduce a patch, that for no reason breaks the game and introduces a massive bug or disfunction? This is not the first time and it makes absolutely no sense what so ever unless it is actually intended, someone changes something with a purpose.
    Post edited by vanhyo on
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    jonsills wrote: »
    Akamai Technologies again, hey? Yeah, it's a popular antiviral, with the unfortunate property of treating MMO traffic as if it's a DDoS attack and slowing it down. The ISP on Cryptic's end used that a while back; we all got the banding then. If that's at their ISP again, then there's something they can do, which mostly is complain to their ISP about it. If it's the next node in sequence, though, then they're stuck too.

Anything to be done about that, Kael?
    Not sure why you are blaming Akamai there? While not brilliant those numbers are well in acceptable limits and shouldn’t be causing any lag or rubber banding. There is nothing for Kael to do there as those numbers are good enough. As much as I dislike Akamai its not fair to blame them for this.

The problem was server wide from the servers. Taken from Ten Forward Weekly

• “Server instability and rubber banding issues from the content drop was due to a partition issue, and should be mostly fixed by now. If you're still having issues contact support.”

i am certain you probably recall the past where anything but akami was ruled out. everyone did TRs,e tc and the one single thing in common was akami.

when things improved, there suddenly was no akami in the TRs anymore. or, if any, very few and far in between.

now TRs are again being completed with akami back in the thick of it.

as for the point about the partition - seems that didnt really resolve for the people who post they are still having issues.

we have ben down this road before.

When things improved it wasn't that there was no akami at least I never noticed that. It was that akami was returning results we expected. I never noticed akami disappearing only that the numbers went back to the range we expected to see which is the same range as in the trace route above. Not entirely convinced its akami this time around, certainty not from the single results above. Though I wouldn't rule them out with there history.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    vanhyo wrote: »
    Actually there is a one thing i don't understand, how can you introduce a patch, that for no reason breaks the game and introduces a massive bug or disfunction? This is not the first time and it makes absolutely no sense what so ever unless it is actually intended, someone changes something with a purpose.
    You don't code software, do you?
    [img][/img]bugs-zpscd744ce2.jpg
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    well, previous update (red shift and firewall) went with no terrible lag and rubber bending, so i guess amount of players have nothing to do with tribble show that game turned in to after last update. current game performance reminded me of experience i'd love to forget, it's first few month after release of fallout 76.
    also inability to make loadouts work properly is just laughable. first mmo i played was age of conan and there was same problems with loadouts for years. there was need of performing all sorts of "dances with tambourine", till some smartass fixed all by simply putting text file where game save yr loadouts to c:\users\... . turned out that keep loadouts on user side is better and probably will reduce load on servers
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    On a side note I think this forum is nearing an unplayable state. The only way this redesign could be harder to read would be to insert random characters into the mix.
  • Options
    ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    On a side note I think this forum is nearing an unplayable state. The only way this redesign could be harder to read would be to insert random characters into the mix.

So are the forums borked that some people can't make new comments, like me? I can only post off established ones?
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Playing today, had significant rubber banding flying in a straight line in the Beta quadrant, and running around on Kobali prime. No problems at all flying in the Delta quadrant.
    I haven't had any loadout issues, but I haven't changed them in months. Rubber banding's been noticeable for the past week.
  • Options
    tvirxtvirx Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Been having banding issues as well - mostly during new content play and largely space-based. As with others, this began with the update deployment. Running on a VPN does offer some relief, but that is largely anecdotal.

In any case, this issue is beginning to impact my desire to play :(
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I stopped putting money into the game when the greedonomics started speeding up a few years ago. Due to the impact their actions had on the dilex I see no reason to move away from a pure f2p style that doesn't even trade gems for the cash shop, something made easier by the aforementioned greedonomics that predictably capped out the exchange. My personal policy is being applied on PS4 and both my f2p and lifer accounts on PC with the stipend slowly building dust.

The fixation with what they falsely claim to be a show accurate DS9, might have a similar circumference but the rest of the scale is totally off for anyone playing the game and watching the show because TV adjusts and removes what can't be seen. This has made the revamped terok nor TFO just abysmal, made worse by the lack of lighting and general clutter. If they had made the TFO game accurate and actually playtested without their bias to some crazy concept of accuracy they'd have seen that yes the boss fight has potential but that is the only positive from the encounter.

There's also an odd fixation with melee weapons as all or nothing "rewards" for slogging through a mission. There are many places where the game is lacking and melee is near the top of that list so it kind of boggles the mind why melee weapons keep getting added. The batleth of stovokor STILL hasn't got the closing move on console even though it was an adjustment made to the item prior to it even arriving on consoles.
  • Options
    foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    I love the game to bits but the RB'ing is still such a issue that i am steering clear of the game until it's sorted as the game is just a chore because if the constant RB'ing.
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    I am at the point where I am just logging in to do endeavor missions and the event missions. No way I would even dare to do Tour of the Galaxy or anything else for that matter as the rubber banding, lag, and disconnects make it impossible to get anything done. I really do hope this gets resolved soon.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    For a game of this age I would expect such server performance if

A. The game was new to market and finding its feet
    B. The game was in sunset mode and being run down towards closure.

The fact as far as we are aware neither is the case suggests this is poor management from Cryptic
  • Options
    maqoghmaqogh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So I ran pingplotter for 2hrs today watching to ping to 208.95.184.200 During those 2 hours the ping jumped too a whopping 60ms once. Average was 44.3 ms so It's NOT an internet issue. It's server side, we know it and we would appreciate it if the develpoers would fix what they broke please.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    ok it's definitely on the broken side now. Discovered this tonight:

33hz6lrwzw5f.jpg
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    Game can't even do one of the most fundamental and required tasks and that's map transfers without it being a lottery and ending up with connection to server timed out as you are disconnected.
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    No idea why but as of 5/20 the rubberbanding seems to be gone...hope I don't jinx it.
This discussion has been closed.