test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"New" content, unskippable video and more

diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 36 Arc User
let's look at blue shift.
is there anything new?
space locations welcome us at well known jupiter station then we go to earth space dock also well known but Janeway call it tsd))) not very good but better than TRIBBLE))) nobody bothered to recolor earth space dock, not even turn it up side down so it'll look kind of different. nothing, just copy/past.
first part of ground locations is copy/past of operation wolf or whatever is called. then 3 turns corridor and Ilia room. i guess Ilia room is new. then we go back to operation copy/past to finish with ground location. i guess bugged mission progress was because they not bothered to clean copy/past location and something from operation wolf was preventing to board the shuttle, because shuttle is at same time final boss from operation wolf.
final space battle at same earth space dock then end of mission at jupiter station.
so what's new? Ilia room and that's it(

this copy/paste fest ,,, could be better but devs added some videos. they sure know that unskippable videos annoys everyone so they saved them for later. ? yes, you can skip first few. going to portal, going out of portal and landing at operation copy/past you can skip, but when we going out of portal last time at jupiter station we can not skip video of going out of portal. WTF???
there is also my favorites)))
during last space battle you get interrupted 2 (TWO) times to look at random ships flying around. that's what i dreamed of. note to self, that when you trying to skip or look those videos, 3-6 ships keep shooting at you non stop. died there on my first play, because looked at videos.
problems with unskippable videos starts when someone actually look at them a few times and notice that they are lazymade like everything around. overall quality of textures are good, i mean ships. earth space dock, unskippable shuttle (next stop tsd), but when you watch video at Ilia room...

9gti3fx8moza.png

everything looks nice but right in the middle of screen, Janeway with "something" in her hands. ??? what is that thingy? looks like 10+ years old texture. it could be tolerable if there was no other guns in this video. but no, every character holds a gun and they all look "new and shiny". only this thing in the middle of screen.

well that's all for now. what do you think boys and gals? i'm exaggerating perfectionist or devs are lazy goodenoughs?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    is there anything new?
    space locations welcome us at well known jupiter station then we go to earth space dock also well known but Janeway call it tsd))) not very good but better than TRIBBLE))) nobody bothered to recolor earth space dock, not even turn it up side down so it'll look kind of different. nothing, just copy/past.
    first part of ground locations is copy/past of operation wolf or whatever is called. then 3 turns corridor and Ilia room. i guess Ilia room is new. then we go back to operation copy/past to finish with ground location. i guess bugged mission progress was because they not bothered to clean copy/past location and something from operation wolf was preventing to board the shuttle, because shuttle is at same time final boss from operation wolf.
    final space battle at same earth space dock then end of mission at jupiter station.

this copy/paste fest

Well, Blue Shift was originally planned to be part of Red Shift, which probably explains the reused maps. It only became it's own mission because the combined mission was getting too long and bloated. Regardless though, reused maps are something I don't care about at all, art is probably the part of content development that takes the longest so anything that can alleviate that is fine with me.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    is there anything new?

this copy/paste fest

Well, Blue Shift was originally planned to be part of Red Shift, which probably explains the reused maps. It only became it's own mission because the combined mission was getting too long and bloated. Regardless though, reused maps are something I don't care about at all, art is probably the part of content development that takes the longest so anything that can alleviate that is fine with me.

well, i prefer quality over quantity. don't get me wrong, it's ok to use old locations here and there but not like 95%. it's just not feels like something new.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator
    well, i prefer quality over quantity. don't get me wrong, it's ok to use old locations here and there but not like 95%. it's just not feels like something new.

95%? Ok, so out of the dozens and dozens of missions available, how many of them take place on Terran Space Dock? 95%? I think not.

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    is there anything new?

this copy/paste fest

Quality missions do not always require unique maps, with enough creativity someone could make dozens of quality missions that all take place in the same location. The gameplay might get repetitive if the location becomes over used, but it can still be high quality.

In this case, Operation Wolf was a training simulation to prepare our captains for the mission they go on in Blue Shift, so it was expected that we would see the TSD map again anyway.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 36 Arc User

95%? Ok, so out of the dozens and dozens of missions available, how many of them take place on Terran Space Dock? 95%? I think not.

not talking about all missions in game, only about blue shift. overall impression could been better if operation wolf was added at the end of story arch. there is a lot quest locations that after leveling up you can see in various tfo. but blue shift is released after tfo and it's already played out, because operation wolf is played dozen or more times. it's like spoilers. not epic mission of saving Ilia from Emperor, ... again operation wolf. as i said, impression could been better
This discussion has been closed.