test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stormfall Giveaway inquiry

corinthalascorinthalas Member Posts: 2,331 Arc User
STO is currently running a giveaway (see: Stormfall Giveaway) which includes the Emperor's Sword and an elite services pack. But there are unanswered questions that the giveaway does not make clear from the promo page in the zen store after claiming the giveaway code.

It's a single entry. It says it can only be claimed once. But does that mean the *giveaway* itself can only be claimed once, same with the elite services pack, and the blade can be claimed by all of your captains, or is it one and done for whichever captain claims it? In which case, can you claim the blade separately from the elite services pack, or is it altogether? I have a captain I'd like to have the blade, but a different captain I'd rather get the elite services pack.

Any information from someone else who has claimed it would be appreciated. The 'description' for it is as clear as mud.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answers

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    When you claim it from the Promotions Tab, the Emperor's Sword and the Bundle Box go into your Inventory. The Sword is bound to character, but the Bundle Box with the 36 Inventory Slots, 36 Bank Slots, and 2 Bridge Officer Slots can be transferred to your Account Bank for use on any character on your account.

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Answer ✓
    When you claim it from the Promotions Tab, the Emperor's Sword and the Bundle Box go into your Inventory. The Sword is bound to character, but the Bundle Box with the 36 Inventory Slots, 36 Bank Slots, and 2 Bridge Officer Slots can be transferred to your Account Bank for use on any character on your account.

Awesome. And I assume the weapon only unlocks for that one captain as well. Giveaway items are a 50/50 split between 'just that captain' and 'for all your captains.' You just never know.

Yes, it's just for the one captain, not an account unlock.

GrWzQke.png

Answers

• jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    There are 3 Stormfall giveaways that I have noticed so far.

Intel Games: Emperors Sword and elite service pack

SteelSeries: Terran Agony Phaser Pistol (and yes it can be upgraded) and elite service pack

Alienware: Agony Universal Console and elite service pack

The weapons are bound to character only so make sure u open it on the character u want it on. The console is account bound. The elite service pack comes in a box which is account bound. I didn't have any problems activating any of the codes and finding them in the promotions tab in game. Make sure u read each selection in the promotions tab as the icons for the Stormfall giveaways look the same. Just make sure u open the one u want on the correct character u want it on.

Post edited by jameswillie on
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    The sword is supposed to be bound to account. But unless they fixed it, it may bound to character. There was a similar promo last month in the epic store and some users complained that despite the description the sword was character bound like the loving version. I recommend trying to open it on a character you plan to use the sword on.

Good luck
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    i got console a few days ago and it is bound to account

edit.
    Intel Games: Emperors Sword and elite service pack. elite pack is bound to account, sword to character
    SteelSeries: Terran Agony Phaser Pistol (and yes it can be upgraded) and elite service pack. elite pack is bound to account, gun to character
    Alienware: Agony Universal Console and elite service pack. elite pack is bound to character, console to account
    Post edited by diesel#3831 on
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    i got console a few days ago and it is bound to account

yes it is....I posted it incorrectly, my bad.

edit.
    Intel Games: Emperors Sword and elite service pack. elite pack is bound to account, sword to character
    SteelSeries: Terran Agony Phaser Pistol (and yes it can be upgraded) and elite service pack. elite pack is bound to account, gun to character
    Alienware: Agony Universal Console and elite service pack. elite pack is bound to character, console to account

I actually was able to place all 3 elite packs in my account bank. So, for me at least, they were all account bound. Maybe a change was made to the Alienware elite pack or I just got lucky. Nowadays nothing surprises me.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    I first read this and thought they where giving away the Inquiry battlecruiser..

#hopedashed

:)
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    Do elite starter pack stack or should I claim them before getting another one from a promotion?
    Especially when they are character bound.
    skk1701j wrote: »
    Do elite starter pack stack or should I claim them before getting another one from a promotion?
    Especially when they are character bound.

The packs do NOT stack and can be transferred to other characters on your account through your Account Bank. They are NOT character bound. Only the unique items (sword, console, gun) are character bound to the character that claims them.

GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.