test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rank insignia

novemberyankeenovemberyankee Member Posts: 87 Arc User
I would liike to see officer ingnia style inter-changeabe. I would also like to see a selection of non-com and apprentice insgnia. Finally, I would like an insignia on both set that annouces thigs like Master Chief, a capain who is qualifified for the admiralty,, something of that sort.

Finally, I would like to see more saps and headgear. Star Trekcanon has typically been left out almost enitrely, but a selection of uniform caps and dresswear would be more accurately in line with our traditional naval forces.

There really is a lot that could be done with attire, which I usually tend to "kitbash.

-Fleet Admiralty Council

PS, while I am here, it would be nice to add specialized task forces, where the force commander could add another insignia, while retaining their place and primary ingnia to the fleet along with fleet ingnia, benefits and contributions therein. Basicalls an extra patch with some mission-oriented parameters.

Comments

• Options
    I might also add that my grandfather was aboard USS TICNDEROGA CV-14 when hundres of shipmates died in a Kamikaze raid. I have a cousin who worked aboard an SSN attack sub, and another serving now, in this era of rewed nuclear instability, aboard SSBN (redacted) which lurks in the depths in order to launch a nuclear strke package more powerful than ever in the entire hisory of warfare.

"The most powerful men in the world... the President of the United States, and the Capain of a nuclear ballisic submarine." -Crimson Tide
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    There is some uniform headgear in ENT and the KT movies. And it'd be neat to universally swap rank insignia (get cuff ranks on TNG for example), I agree with that.

The rest though, I don't see why. Star Trek is not a US Navy game 🤔
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    There is some uniform headgear in ENT and the KT movies. And it'd be neat to universally swap rank insignia (get cuff ranks on TNG for example), I agree with that. The rest though, I don't see why. Star Trek is not a US Navy game

I havea bias tward real miitary with so many people in my family. Maybe a fresh design service cap that doesn't look look like it came from a ballpark, but the more traditional sort for formal dress. Right now I am tryyinto smash together a non-com uniform that would be good for the "baseball" cap. Being able to swap insignia of rank would open a whol new set of expanded officers and non-coms. Certain additional decorative rank insignia could signify things like admiral acting as capatain, seniormost non-com, or other specialization according to rank ahievement as per your imagination... One last thing I would like to see is a set of ribons/medals for heroism, accomplishment. We have so many in our bio, a few for the chest would be nice. Not that a "fruit salad" showing a ches resume would look Trekkie enough. Maybe a small ribbon under the badge in the way the veteran badge is distinct... In other words, a more "military" look without forgetting that exploration is our key mission. Perhaps even an explorer patch or insignia... I'm a "barbi" fan anyway, always kitbasing and so forth. MOAR OPTIONS! :)

• Options
    q3cy2rup8q2w.jpg
    dn2lm40nvbqz.jpg

USS CASTLE DOCTRINE - Command battlecruiser using all 3 of the class along with some rep gear. The Concorde class of the command class trio remains the flagship of my fleet. Named in honor of the USS TICONDEROGA, and my grandfather who was aboard when hundreds of sailors perished as the Essex class carrier was nearly bottomed in a Kamikaze raid near Formosa. Excellent tale of luck and the founding of techniques still taught to this day, but invented in the heat of battle. The heroism too, goes straighht up to the Captain himself. ...I also have a cousin who was aboard a nuclear attack sub during an exploration mission of the Arctic.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    After winning the boat in the summer event, I wanted something a bit more like a cruiseliner captain...

avjgx0nycz0w.jpg

This is a ashup to create a "grand regalia" uniform. It would look great with a more formal looking swrod then, say, the Klingon flame sword. A saber perhaps, battle ready while fit for formality as well.

6bxebrrbyu6a.jpg