test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes for 3/24/22

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 3/24 at 7AM Pacific for 2 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• carlos#7199 carlos Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    "Resolved an issue that was causing new characters to experience improper button mapping due to the sort order of starting powers.
    * This does not retroactively resolve Captains that are in this state, additional changes will be implemented to correct this behavior.

I'm wondering... Will be I able to play my bugged character with corrected button mapping after this patch or not?
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that was causing new characters to experience improper button mapping due to the sort order of starting powers.

This does not retroactively resolve Captains that are in this state, additional changes will be implemented to correct this behavior.

While I'm sad that this currently isn't going to apply to my characters that I've already created and grown attached to, I'm happy to see that it may be fixed in the future.

It's so hard having things get moved around when leveling up, or installing a new/different console, after getting used to having them in a certain place. Especially when they used to be in an easy to find location on the circle, such as one of the four Cardinal Directions (Up, Down, Left, Right).

It would be super awesome if we can move/assign where the abilities are ourselves. That way I can have a certain console or captain ability in the same place for all my characters. So weird having things like Threatening Stance, Plasma Storm and Neutronic Eddies in different quadrants of the rotational/dial menu on different characters.

And... if possible, also pretty please look into making the rotational/dial menus appear above the NPC dialog windows? It's so annoying finding an ability or console when the rotational/dial menu is covered up.
  • menconialex#9231 menconialex Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm with issues to update the game and buy zen on ps4. the game says its already updated but its not its still on the 19.01 version. and says its the last version. the content on ps4 Brazilian store avaliable are only the khan costume for free and a paid bunddle of 100 and some bucks in brl. the discovery captain bundle. neither the vanilla game is avaliable. there no zen. none. I have the pc version but I can't handle the controls there. its a nightmare also I've made captain on ps4. don't want to start all over again. I'm pissed with this. the ticket support said to me to talk with sony. come on you guys dont want yo make money? you guys dont want to care about players who are willing to pay and make you guys profit? I'm felling that you guys just dont care for players in Brazil on ps4. neither the update i can get? come on. i want to played shoft but I can't i want to buy zen until get discovery refit and discovery season 4 uniforms but I can't. come on... I must pay a vpn and create an us account and paid international credit card use tax just to play this game? I'm Brazilian not Russian. why i can't have acess equaly as the us players?
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    "Throughout the mission"?

How many crashes were (hopefully)in that thing?

Oh and no news on the boff manual conversion bug? I can't get torp spread, FaW or anything else I want where I want it. Any iteration of torp spread is impossible to get on the console exchange.
  • sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 100 Arc User

And... if possible, also pretty please look into making the rotational/dial menus appear above the NPC dialog windows? It's so annoying finding an ability or console when the rotational/dial menu is covered up.

^^^ THIS, RIGHT HERE!! ^^^

That would be awesome if you guys could fix that for console.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Or a button to turn off NPC dialog pop ups.
    garaffe wrote: »
    Or a button to turn off NPC dialog pop ups.

STO popup blocker is much needed.
  • caparzoukcaparzouk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    No update on the Elite Captain Training token that everyone missed Kael?
    1e04d86e1d98ada86a1f0a3e985dd642.jpg
  • devastator9965#6255 devastator9965 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I thought we were going to get the Elite Captain Training token today
  • menconialex#9231 menconialex Member Posts: 2 New User
    now after the maintenance I got access to the update

Technically it isn't daily reset time yet.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    "Resolved an issue that was causing new characters to experience improper button mapping due to the sort order of starting powers.
    * This does not retroactively resolve Captains that are in this state, additional changes will be implemented to correct this behavior.
    I'm wondering... Will be I able to play my bugged character with corrected button mapping after this patch or not?
    No, because it doesn't retroactively fix captains that are in this state. There's additional changes to be implement to fix that.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • carlos#7199 carlos Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    No, because it doesn't retroactively fix captains that are in this state. There's additional changes to be implement to fix that.

I confirm that bugged characters are still bugged.
    Luckily, my lack of trust in the upcoming patch made me to do not unpack any character bind items on my newly created character. So... I'll just delete it because I don't imagine shooting by pressing 'B' button ;)
  • kale419kale419 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

I was able to claim in on xBox
    Further good news, I can convert boffs to manuals again.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    I confirm that bugged characters are still bugged.
    Patch Notes said they would be, so this news is unsurprising.
    Glad to hear you were able to just delete and remake the character though.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    > @kale419 said:
    > I was able to claim in on xBox

I was also able to claim the elite captain upgrade token on xbox yesterday. I wonder if the PS didnt get it for some reason.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    > @kale419 said:
    > I was able to claim in on xBox

I was also able to claim the elite captain upgrade token on xbox yesterday. I wonder if the PS didnt get it for some reason.

We got it. It's not available anymore as of this posting, since the day of event extension is over. But after the patch went through, I was able to claim the Elite Captain Token until 10:00 AM PDT (UTC -7) today.
  • caparzoukcaparzouk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I picked it up, my issue was that there was no mention of it in the patch notes, and no separate post to confirm it's provision, which is a bit lazy tbh
    1e04d86e1d98ada86a1f0a3e985dd642.jpg