test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Traits randomly disappear

As the topic says. I tried filing a bug report, I was told it was sent to devs, but absolutely nothing has been done. This is actually affecting my gameplay and causing performance issues because I end up in TFOs without important traits. Sometimes, when I move from one map to another, it just randomly removes traits, usually the ones set more recently, though sometimes it'll randomly drop whatever traits it feels like dropping. This happens no matter how long I have had the traits set, and my ship has not changed (though when I do change ships, all my traits disappear completely, which I suspect is a different bug altogether.) I can't remember to check my traits every single time I change maps and don't want to hold back teams by going in traitless.

Comments

• Options
    neoncrimsonskye#5736 neoncrimsonskye Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Gonna bump this up since the devs haven't seen it. Right now, switching characters right after changes can potentially work around this, but only if you have multiple characters, and even then, the game likes to unequip devices as well. My turrets and batteries keep getting switched off to inventory. These two things have impacted my performance and caused me to hold back groups on Advanced now. This is not okay. I can't remember to double check everything every time I do anything. It has gotten ridiculous having my 20 energy bats getting switched out randomly for 4 (or any other number, the game is very random in altering your character without permission). This should not be that hard.
  • Options
    jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    My space traits disappear on every character I have whenever I change ships. Along with the space traits i get random rep abilities, mostly space, disappear as well, when I change ships. I have not experienced the traits disappearing when changing maps in several months. Used to get that alot.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2022
    Yes changing Ships seems to be the CORE issue for most, especially if you haven't saved a Loadout on the Ship while in Space yet.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yes, and sometimes, you change some trait on the char, but go to a mission/tfo or patrol, and the traits reset to their former setting
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Way to mitigate this issue is:

Change ship, sort the loadout, save loadout.

Get into system space (sector space usually breaks stuff), sort boffs, traits etc then save loadout again.

Then double check, go into a patrol and check once more.

90% of the time it works all the time. The issue usually pops up on new ships if it does at all, and I've noticed it happens more swapping ship types as well.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    This problem got worse with the latest update. Now my traits vanish or randomly change to random other traits a) when logging out and in, b) when moving maps, c) when entering TFOs, d) switching ships, e) learning any new skill whatsoever, and occasionally even f) the traits changed while I was looking at them after clicking on one, with random traits popping up instead.

(Flaming/trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    Another update and still no fix for this problem. It has been awful since the previous update and STILL NO FIX?! Can any of the devs please be directed to look at and actually fix this issue? I am told traits and devices can account for 20% or more of a character's damage output... but I am unwilling to stop doing Advanced or Elite just because I get gimped by the game removing my traits and devices. That means this bug is causing me to hold back others, which I am not happy about, but again, I will not change my playstyle over a bug that should have been fixed long ago. PLEASE FIX THIS IN THE NEXT UPDATE, IT HAS BEEN LONG ENOUGH. I do not appreciate being told my issue has been sent to devs when it clearly has not been. I have been lied to and deceived, and as a Lifetime member, I am owed better than that treatment. Get. This. Fixed.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    strathkin wrote: »
    Yes changing Ships seems to be the CORE issue for most, especially if you haven't saved a Loadout on the Ship while in Space yet.

Many I know don't have a problem, yet you definitely want to save a Ship Loadout while in Space; especially for each new Ship you regularly fly. Everyone is given at least two free Loadouts, yet you can purchase more to quickly swap Gear. That's the first thing you should do to ensure your Traits are saved. Then only once in a blue moon will it loose, or randomly change them. If it does change something ensure their updated, and save the Loadout again in Space.

That's the BEST advice I'd give. Sorry I wish I could help more!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    flame post redacted - rattler
    Post edited by rattler2 on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    flame post redacted - rattler
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    harassing material redacted - rattler
  • Options
    I am not going to stop until these bugs are fixed. You can lie all you want claiming I flamed people, but those are LIES. You're just easily offended. My gripe is legitimate. FIX IT NOW!
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I am surprised they allowed you to keep the thread open after making demands, but then you fired up again.. good luck with that...