test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the noisiest ship/console/gear in the game?

orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
This is a just for fun topic but I recently bought the Iktomi and that thing does not shut up.

I've sat near one of those Vulcan ships that warble away and apparently it's the console that makes the noise.

So are there even more obnoxious ship noises in the game.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The engine noise from the Na'kuhl ships.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the Nakuhl ships.

I don't see many about these days but a few years back I was parked between three of those and they were perfectly synced up, suffice to say I moved elsewhere fairly quickly.
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Na'kuhl. I have the science ship and I really like her design, but for God's sake, who thought it would be fun if it made a constant annoying buzz?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The engine noise from the Na'kuhl ships.

Finding them under cloak through sound. Fun times.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    A lot of people (though not me) hate the TOS phaser array noise. Though those only make the noise when firing.

Oh yea. The old ones are like fingernails on a chalkboard. I can handle the Advanced Phaser Arrays off the DSC Connie, but the original TOS ones in game? Nope.
    questerius wrote: »
    Finding them under cloak through sound. Fun times.

lol yup.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    A lot of people (though not me) hate the TOS phaser array noise. Though those only make the noise when firing.

Oh yea. The old ones are like fingernails on a chalkboard. I can handle the Advanced Phaser Arrays off the DSC Connie, but the original TOS ones in game? Nope.

The thing about the TOS phaser (which I mentioned in the "Blue Phaser" thread is that the sound effect was never meant to be repeated with such frequency it is in STO, so 1of them firing with a fairly low ROF isn't too bad, but 6-8 at once with a typical STO ROF is aural torture, that's why I like the Advanced phasers myself they have similar sound but it's deeper so it isn't as grating to the ears.
  • Options
    Oddly enough I don't mind the TOS Phasers too much. Though I don't much care for the Quantum Phase torp spread noise, I swear I can hear those things on the other side of the map.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The Bozeman hyper impulse engine is very annoying. I doubt anyone uses it, though.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I find that there are plenty of annoying noises in STO to go around. The ambient noise is the worst, enough to give me a headache. So I have most of the volumes set to 0.
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Electrified Anomalies. Could it possibly be any louder? You're pretty much not going to hear anything else if you're using it
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    12 replies and nobody has mentioned the Kobayashi Maru's buffs going "BWONG!" every few seconds, especially when activated during the briefing period where you can't move.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    > @saurializard said:
    > 12 replies and nobody has mentioned the Kobayashi Maru's buffs going "BWONG!" every few seconds, especially when activated during the briefing period where you can't move.

Especially when multiple pugs have it going at the same time during briefing.
  • Options
    12 replies and nobody has mentioned the Kobayashi Maru's buffs going "BWONG!" every few seconds, especially when activated during the briefing period where you can't move.

"This is the Kobayashi Maru" Bwong, Bwong, Bwong, Bwong.
  • Options
    scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    The standard antiproton pew pew is also grating , I wish there was an option to tick on weapons or consoles to remove their sound as you can for certain graphic effects like the assimilated console. Same with engines I like the sol engines look I just cant be doing with the sound. (sorry sound effects department)
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • Options
    I've discovered something even more annoying, which isn't even ship related.

"There'll be a short down time for the exchange at 14:00"

I don't normally go inside ESD outside of boff ability buying but I've been scooping emerald chain stuff up on all my toons before the prices go up and the above phrase really grates after 10 minutes.
  • Options
    Honestly its just background noise at ESD. Makes the station feel a bit more alive.
    What I wanna know is who did something stupid enough that we need a "reminder that the waterfalls are not a recreational area".

Someone got drunk.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    Honestly its just background noise at ESD. Makes the station feel a bit more alive.
    What I wanna know is who did something stupid enough that we need a "reminder that the waterfalls are not a recreational area".

Someone got drunk.

Players gonna play. 😎
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Players gonna play. 😎

Now we need a Klingon Security Officer next to the pool with the large torches by the bank/exchange complaining about people not holding their Bloodwine. ;)
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User

Someone got drunk.

The Background noise at ESD wouldn't be too bad (it's kind of like the PA at an airport) if there's more the 5 lines (well I dunno how many lines there are exactly but there's way too few).
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    echatty wrote: »
    The Bozeman hyper impulse engine is very annoying. I doubt anyone uses it, though.

I only use it for Visuals, perhaps that's what most use it for.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Far as the noisiest I couldn't say off the top of my head. Far as some candidates that could take the crown potentially I can think of a few.

-Vaadwaur Polaron Space weapons
    -standard Antiproton beams
    -TOS or Advanced Phaser types
    -Bozeman engines at times
    -certain beacon abilities
    echatty wrote: »

I'm one of the weird folks that use them on occasion depending on what I'm doing. Of course I'm sure that's not a surprise by now.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    The full impulse engine rev on Fek'Ihri ships. (With extra fire.)
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
This discussion has been closed.