test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Console Patch Notes for 3/15/22

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
edited April 2023 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have extended maintenance on all platforms tomorrow, 3/15, at 5am PT. Estimated downtime is 4.5 hours for Console and 5.5 hours for PC. You can find the Console patch notes below, there are no patch notes for PC:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news/detail/11511863
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    avnas#3702 avnas Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Star Trek Online will have extended maintenance on all platforms tomorrow, 3/15, at 5am PT. Estimated downtime is 4.5 hours for Console and 5.5 hours for PC. You can find the Console patch notes below, there are no patch notes for PC:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news/detail/11511863

why are there no pc patch notes? coinciding with longer downtime?

not fussed about writing them or is there something worth hiding?

• Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    I would read the patch notes but they're down as well.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    avnas#3702 wrote: »
    why are there no pc patch notes?
    The obvious answer here would be that there's no patch for PC, hence no patch notes.
    The extended maintenance would likely be for the entire Arc system rather than just one or two individual games.
    Consoles almost always get maintenance and patches on Tuesday's, so it ties in for the platform.
    PC gets patches and maintenance mainly on a Thursday, so there'll likely be some patch notes in two days time...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    wyldstallyns#3173 wyldstallyns Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    But why is the downtime so long?
    Life is ours to be spent, not to be saved.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,651 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    But why is the downtime so long?

To maintain the server farms which is an extensive project.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    pavel#9263 pavel Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I was able to check a few times throughout the day and haven't been able to get into games. Always said that the servers are down (on Xbox). Just a quick question as to whether this was expected, or if I'm having a tech issue. I know the servers were taken down for maintenance, but thought I interpreted the post that it would only be for a few hours. If it's a tech issue on my Xbox that keeps telling me the servers are down after maintenance is over, any trouble shooting tips? Thanks
  • Options
    pavel#9263 wrote: »
    I was able to check a few times throughout the day and haven't been able to get into games. Always said that the servers are down (on Xbox). Just a quick question as to whether this was expected, or if I'm having a tech issue. I know the servers were taken down for maintenance, but thought I interpreted the post that it would only be for a few hours. If it's a tech issue on my Xbox that keeps telling me the servers are down after maintenance is over, any trouble shooting tips? Thanks

There's a severe crash bug on console, so they're keeping the servers off while either A) Trying to fix it. B) Rolling back to let people play and continue working on it.

Last post by Kael was about two hours ago, so who knows.
  • Options
    pavel#9263 wrote: »

There's a severe crash bug on console, so they're keeping the servers off while either A) Trying to fix it. B) Rolling back to let people play and continue working on it.

Last post by Kael was about two hours ago, so who knows.

Thanks for the info, Orangenee. Appreciated. Totally understand if they need some extra time to work out tech issues. I was only curious because my Xbox has acted up lately and I wanted to double check before doing factory resets, deleting cache, and all that :wink:
  • Options
    jns70982jns70982 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    It is 11:04 PM, and I still get this on the PS4.
  • Options
    bigdog22117#4071 bigdog22117 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @jns70982 said:
    > It is 11:04 PM, and I still get this on the PS4.

It's 4:23am est servers still down
  • Options
    brad#3291 brad Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I get it too. Is there an estimated time frame for the game to be back up and running?
  • Options
    oshadowwarrioro#9103 oshadowwarrioro Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    brad#3291 wrote: »
    I get it too. Is there an estimated time frame for the game to be back up and running?

I do not know, but I hope they take pity on us and let us grab the Character Upgrade. I am pretty sure nobody had a chance to get it. Hopefully its fixed by later today though!
  • Options
    Worry, not, they said they're extending the event and giveaway.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Now 6pm GMT (1800UTC) and server is still offline.

Even by cryptic standards two hours late is pretty bad.
  • Options
    moobee#2287 moobee Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @"pavel#9263" said:
    > I was able to check a few times throughout the day and haven't been able to get into games. Always said that the servers are down (on Xbox). Just a quick question as to whether this was expected, or if I'm having a tech issue. I know the servers were taken down for maintenance, but thought I interpreted the post that it would only be for a few hours. If it's a tech issue on my Xbox that keeps telling me the servers are down after maintenance is over, any trouble shooting tips? Thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Same for me on my ps4... I'm OK with any fix going on, but i don't want to loose all my work from the Borg event, i would have completed it yesterday. I hope it doesn't effect continuity in progress for events and/or other missions that have a deadline. Servers still down for me.
  • Options
    Same for me on my ps4... I'm OK with any fix going on, but i don't want to loose all my work from the Borg event, i would have completed it yesterday. I hope it doesn't effect continuity in progress for events and/or other missions that have a deadline. Servers still down for me.

LOL funny how we all come in at different times with the same anxiety questions. So I'll pass along what info Orange and other more knowledgeable folks were gracious enough to advise me (see Orangenee above). Fear not, the issue is not with your console. Cryptic just needs some time to fix up a few unexpected issues with the new update. The event and associated rewards will be extended so that we don't miss out on any anticipated prizes.
  • Options
    > @"oshadowwarrioro#9103" said:
    > I do not know, but I hope they take pity on us and let us grab the Character Upgrade. I am pretty sure nobody had a chance to get it. Hopefully its fixed by later today though!

I hope so too, i was finishing up the Borg events extended mission, yesterday i was ready to complete the run "in time". My fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Im very thankful for the extension... Good on ya tech team, i know your working hard.
  • Options
    > @"moobee#2287" said:
    > Same for me on my ps4... I'm OK with any fix going on, but i don't want to loose all my work from the Borg event, i would have completed it yesterday. I hope it doesn't effect continuity in progress for events and/or other missions that have a deadline. Servers still down for me.

I really really don't want to be that guy but no offense it's spelled lose. Again no disrespect intended.
    Some advice.
    Don't.
  • Options
    bigdog22117#4071 bigdog22117 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Did anybodys game crash when doing the redshirt mission on ps4
  • Options
    zer0kay#3897 zer0kay Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @"orangenee#2931" said:
    > Worry, not, they said they're extending the event and giveaway.

I wasn't able to get in all day then yesterday I thought I was getting a promo from it for a T6 ship coupon but realized it was for the new episodes. No anniversary items yesterday or today. They just need to give everyone a free elite captain training token.
This discussion has been closed.