test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disabling Klingon Recruits

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
edited February 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We are turning off Klingon Recruitment on all platforms until this issue is fixed. Any Klingon characters created until we have announced it fixed will NOT be recruits.
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• Options
    brian#1577 brian Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Is this the crashing in the tutorial?
  • Options
    renebrehmer#9819 renebrehmer Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    What about characters that were created while it was still live? Will they remain recruits or do we have to recreate them?
  • Options
    morgan1961morgan1961 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    You will have to start over. Do with have a time frame?
  • Options
    ferrus#8060 ferrus Member Posts: 1 New User
    IS IT BACK UP?
  • Options
    weveranweveran Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Any ETA on timeframe guys?
  • Options
    tisiphone#4801 tisiphone Member Posts: 1 New User
    Do you think this is a few hours thing, or 'the event will be delayed until next week' kind of thing? TYVM and good luck on your maintenance.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Like previous problematic things in the past, this was announced via Facebook and Twitter but isn't mentioned anywhere on the website itself, except here in the forums.

However, it was a huge step forward to have this appearing on the PC launcher and on the Console login screens! Players no longer playing and wondering about something not working - it was right there to let us know. Please do this in the future, if/when info needs to be passed on to players! Well done on keeping us informed!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    scyllooscylloo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    the Server had a restart but you still cant create a new klingon recrute
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    scylloo wrote: »
    the Server had a restart but you still cant create a new klingon recrute

I wouldn't until they fix like they said.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Are they going to announce it here when it’s fixed, or do I have to scour the World Wide Web of social media (MySnapInstaFaceTwit) for the answer?

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    neoncrimsonskye#5736 neoncrimsonskye Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Is this issue still ongoing? There is no mention on the launcher or here on the forums as to whether it was fixed in the last twelve hours or not. In addition, there is no word as to whether people who already made recruits have to start over or not. It would be very nice to have any information on this. Social media posts don't count because not everyone has social media. If it's not on the web site, I am likely not to find it; I avoid Twitter and Facebook and all social media like the plagues they are. Using social media for game announcements does not, never has, and never will work.
  • Options
    rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Agree with Neon. They may not have anything to report though.
    My recruit is trapped in the tutorial at "Hail Qo'noS Prison. I created this recruit just to have a Ferasan and Engineer to round out my fleet, but if I have to delete the toon I'll skip the event as well as Klingon store purchases like BOFF & possibly a ship. The gamma blackout on the ground was bad but I stumbled through it. Getting stuck in the tutorial pretty much tells me to skip it.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    They said on Twitter they fixed it when the server went offline today. I think you guys who are stuck probably just have to delete the toon and try again. But I am not in game to verify that. And you are right an official explanation would be the professional thing to do…unfortunately STO often resembles amateur hour…
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    If we had a klingon recruit from previous event, do we need to make a new klingon to get the new gives?
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Yes, you need to create a new character.
    I just went back in to check on my trapped recruit and he's still stuck in the tutorial with no way out. Deleting & passing on this event.
  • Options
    drakenet80drakenet80 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    We are turning off Klingon Recruitment on all platforms until this issue is fixed. Any Klingon characters created until we have announced it fixed will NOT be recruits.

What's the State of this Issue?
    When will this Feature return?
    Please keep your Customers informed ;)
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »
    If we had a klingon recruit from previous event, do we need to make a new klingon to get the new gives?

I need to add to what unotetsu asked here: is there anything different with this year's KDF Recruit when it comes to rewards, or are they exactly the same as the ones from last year?
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »
    I need to add to what unotetsu asked here: is there anything different with this year's KDF Recruit when it comes to rewards, or are they exactly the same as the ones from last year?
    I'd point out that there was nothing new announced.
    New stuff was added to the previous Recruit Events because they were quite old and needed updating - this Recruit Event is new enough to need no changes.

Also, when the previous Recruit Events were updated, our existing Recruits automagically got all the updates, so I don't expect anything would be different if they had made chances to the Klingon Recruits.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    darkeharbingerdarkeharbinger Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    "I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    captaindelreycaptaindelrey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I really can't tell if it's working. If you make a Klink toon right now, it will tell you it's a recruit, and you'll get the little item in your inventory that gives out your rewards, and it seems to work, but isn't there supposed to be a little Klingon Empire symbol by your rank on the character select screen if it's a Klingon Recruit?
  • Options
    I really can't tell if it's working. If you make a Klink toon right now, it will tell you it's a recruit, and you'll get the little item in your inventory that gives out your rewards, and it seems to work, but isn't there supposed to be a little Klingon Empire symbol by your rank on the character select screen if it's a Klingon Recruit?

"Why would they, we're one big happy fleet now"

What icon did you get ? Shouldn't it be an Alliance icon ? I'm actually curious, seriously. I have 7 Klingon characters and haven't been enticed enough to create one of them 'klingon recruits' yet.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    darkeharbingerdarkeharbinger Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

What icon did you get ? Shouldn't it be an Alliance icon ? I'm actually curious, seriously. I have 7 Klingon characters and haven't been enticed enough to create one of them 'klingon recruits' yet.

Why would it be the Alliance icon? The alliance comes at end game. This is a character starting from the beginning.
  • Options
    captaindelreycaptaindelrey Member Posts: 3 Arc User

None, I got no icon, which feels like a signal that it's not a Recruit at all.
  • Options

Why would it be the Alliance icon? The alliance comes at end game. This is a character starting from the beginning.

:smile:
    You're right, I forgot to forget that 'we' traveled back in time multiple times by a hundred or so thousands years and violated the prime directive quite a few times in those instances, AFTER the starting date your character gets created.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    "ambassadorkael#6946" is this still down or ?? any news you can update us with?
    I really can't tell if it's working

lol this is one of those times taking 30 seconds to make a follow up post on the offal website would have really helped :p

It's been fixed since 1pm PST on the launch day of the event (Wednesday February 9)
  • Options
    darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Regarding the missing Recruit icon on the character select screen - I have sometime found that the icons will not show up even when you are in no doubt that a character is a recruit. I usually fix it by logging into one or two other characters, then the character with the missing icon, and it is there when you log out again. I assume it is a case of forcing the server to update the information displayed onscreen.

My understanding has always been that once you have the appropriate device in your inventory allowing you to access the rewards for an event, then that character is a valid recruit for that event.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    This issue has been resolved.
This discussion has been closed.