test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shadow's Advance is Live!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Janeway comes to STO! Starring Kate Mulgrew, Mary Wiseman, and Chase Masterson, Shadow's Advance is live on PC right now! The Mirror Universe has invaded Jupiter Station - can you discover the secret reason why?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11507363
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    In terms of Janeway appearing, it's about time.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    I feel a little bad for Tim Russ. I hope Tuvok wasn't removed from every Voyager arc mission where he was commanding the ship.

But yeah, nice that Kate Mulgrew is the second Star Trek franchise lead actress they've been able to get to do Voice Over in STO. She did a fair amount of Voice Over work for some other projects before and after Voyager, and maybe her work on Star Trek Prodigy made her more amenable to do work on STO.

Either way, it's a neat and nice addition for the game.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    I am hoping to see warship voyager armed to the teeth. I hope at some point there is a patch that revamps the episode to put that model in. I mean it already exists so why not included it. I Just waiting for the patch update and was spoiled that my i don't get to see terran modified warship voyager but we still get janeway wbich is good.
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I think it would've been more convincing if Mirror Janeway only drank tea. Other than that, I loved the mission and wonder what the heck you're going to do with "the package" that was revealed.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Huge thanks to Kate Mulgrew, Mary Wisemas, Chase Masterson, Kipleigh Brown, and everyone at Cryptic for such an enjoyable new episode.
    That new story mission was amazing and hearing the above 4 throughout was a joy.
    Thank you!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    Fantastic episode! Except for one thing...

SPOILERS:
    You've been warned.

I absolutely hated the turn at the end. I wanted to shiv Tilly about a dozen times the entire episode - and then suddenly be her ally at the end against Janeway was too much. All I can say is this better be a double-cross where Janeway set up the whole thing to trap Tilly to discredit her so the Emperor passionately supports publicly executing her.

That said, I still want an option to shiv Tilly during any point in the mission though - I mean we are playing our evil selves, right? >:)
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Yeah, really outstanding episode. I sort of liked playing a wimpy character without my magic powers. It was balanced perfectly to use both terran abilities then pop a hypo before dying.

double Janeway with double espresso. Yes Please!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ragpuff8376tin#9228 ragpuff8376tin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Things I would love to see. Protostar Bridge (it is awesome), holographic Janeway, The option to turn down the offered anniversary ship and get one of the earlier anniversary ships (anniversary ship of choice?) The ability to choose the uniform used by your ship crew when your in the interior of your ship (from the standard lists of uniforms you have unlocked) (have it set at the tailor of course).
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Since there's no Forum post about the Jarok Alliance Carrier that I can find, and there usually is, I feel I must offer some feedback on two points of the design.

From the blog:
    The results of this particular design project - led primarily by Romulan Republic engineers - speak for themselves in terms of the role the ship is intended to play in the Alliance's fleets.

Romulans are all about their Battle Cloaks and Singularity Cores, so why does this ship not have them?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Thought it was the worst episode in the game from a gameplay point of view. For me it was in the top 1% from a story and top 1% with graphics design. Just a shame the gameplay is in the worst 1%. Badly balanced, tedious to play. Repeating the same voice command 20 times was frustrating. I know what to do the first 3 times yet along the next 18 shouts outs. Forcing us in a ship without the skills to use it was a terrble design move.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Was nice to see Janeway in-game. Interested to find out who the Emperor is.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Was nice to see Janeway in-game. Interested to find out who the Emperor is.

If it turns out to be a man, my money is on Harry Kim, a descendant of Emperor Hoshi Sato who reclaims his place in the family dynasty. :o
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    t0m#2593 t0m Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    i wonder when "janeway class" is coming to sto blogs regarding the promo box. the ship still is not in the overview.
This discussion has been closed.