test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

i made the mistake of linking my steam account to the arc account

imelchori42imelchori42 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
when i launch the game through steam, it logs me automatically into what appears to be a new account.

in the past this used to be a minor inconvenience, since i only had to hit the "back" button twice and just enter the credentials for my real account, to log me in.

the problem is that with this patch i apparantly cant log out of the steam account. the game just immediately closes and doesnt offer me to switch accounts.

is there some way to unlink the steam and arc accounts? i googled and there is supposed to be an option somewhere on the arc website but i cant find it.

Comments

• magnusravenmagnusraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    This is happening to me as well.
  • imelchori42imelchori42 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2022

i found a workaround. i went directly to my steam folder, where STO is installed and started the launcher from there. the launcher required me to enter my account credentials from there instead of automatically logging me in, which logged me into the correct account.
  • magnusravenmagnusraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thanks! Appears to be working, though I have to tweak my graphics.
  • muscularbeaver3muscularbeaver3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I'm having this problem as well. Until today, I would log in via Steam and then back out to the main login screen to log in to my regular account. Game closes instantly when backing out of the New Character screen to the main login. I can get in using the game launcher file in Windows, but without Steam, I cannot take screenshots to add to my Steam folder, so while I can still play the game, I'd really like this issue resolved so I can log in via Steam again.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User

i found a workaround. i went directly to my steam folder, where STO is installed and started the launcher from there. the launcher required me to enter my account credentials from there instead of automatically logging me in, which logged me into the correct account.

Thank you for this. I was having the same issue and this resolved it. So until they fix it on the Steam end, I'll just keep this launcher shortcut saved to my desktop.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @muscularbeaver3 said:
    > I'm having this problem as well. Until today, I would log in via Steam and then back out to the main login screen to log in to my regular account. Game closes instantly when backing out of the New Character screen to the main login. I can get in using the game launcher file in Windows, but without Steam, I cannot take screenshots to add to my Steam folder, so while I can still play the game, I'd really like this issue resolved so I can log in via Steam again.

You should be able to add the STO launcher .exe as a 'non-steam game'. This way you can use the steam overlay while playing.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    Yeah, it looks like it's an issue with logging out. It's just been tossing me from the game all together, too.