test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MUDD Bundles- one time only?

sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
Does anyone know if the latest bundle is likely to make a return once it has finished its run? Because I get what they're doing, by launching a new pack so hot on the heels of the last one along with the other ships, players dil supplies were yet to replenish. And the exchange rate being stuck at max means waiting weeks for dil to convert to Zen, so the only way to afford the current pack is to actually buy Zen even though I have enough dil spread across my characters to actually afford the Zen if anyone was actually selling it.

I'm already giving the new individual ship a miss for now because I have a T6 token I can buy it with once it's no longer in the "new" section, but am I going to miss out if I don't get this while it's on sale?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    naabal421#0722 naabal421 Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    So far all the bundles have come back at a later point, even if only for limited time sales.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    It wouldn't really make sense to discontinue items that took significant resources to create, though with how aggressive the marketing is, it wouldn't surprise me if they adopt this too assuming the sales justify permanently retiring of what's really a service - access to digital goods for the unknown duration of the servers still being available to provide it.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    > @naabal421#0722 said:
    > So far all the bundles have come back at a later point, even if only for limited time sales.

Not exactly. They brought back previous bundles twice. Once in July and once last year around Christmas 2020 (Only 3 Mudd’s bundles had been created at that point). So every bundle released before July has come back and none released after July have returned. Although it seems the new bundles will return again someday, maybe. But I doubt you will ever see them for more than 50% off again (Although I would be happy to be wrong)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11482243-75%-mudd's-sale,-all-three-bundles-return!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11491953-bundles-on-sale-in-mudd's-and-the-zen-store!
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    The more popular ones might be more likely to come back, like the big Kelvin one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    In the end, I had to partly fund this myself- it was nearly 15K for the 3 out of 8 selection and I'd managed to convert 10K via dil, the remaining lots of dil I have for sale wouldn't have covered the rest so I got the 6K pack.

And this was with 13 active characters all refining dil, definitely one of those First World Problems.
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Does anyone know if the latest bundle is likely to make a return once it has finished its run? Because I get what they're doing, by launching a new pack so hot on the heels of the last one along with the other ships, players dil supplies were yet to replenish. And the exchange rate being stuck at max means waiting weeks for dil to convert to Zen, so the only way to afford the current pack is to actually buy Zen even though I have enough dil spread across my characters to actually afford the Zen if anyone was actually selling it.

I'm already giving the new individual ship a miss for now because I have a T6 token I can buy it with once it's no longer in the "new" section, but am I going to miss out if I don't get this while it's on sale?

This bundle isn't going away for awhile. If you have enough dill place the order. When it sells in 3-4 weeks chances are this pack is still on offer.

I doubt they where really putting that much thought into tricking people into spending money... the last 5-6 months they have obviously been padding the books with the Cryptic sale happening.
This discussion has been closed.