test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skipping cutscenes

megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
edited December 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Is there any way to skip cutscenes? Used to work at some point, but now I can't skip any. This is driving me nuts as I've gone through all of them with multiple chars multiple times.

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,480 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Certain cutscenes are not skippable since they act like loading screens or that functionality has not been added to them yet. For those that are skippable, press and hold the Esc key and you will see an indicator on the right if the cutscene can be skipped or not.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Certain cutscenes are not skippable since they act like loading screens or that functionality has not been added to them yet. For those that are skippable, hold the Esc key and you will see an indicator on the right if the cutscene can be skipped or not.

None of them are skippable, even the story cutscenes that were skippable before.

*edit* Nm, I see what you mean. Thx.
    Post edited by megainexoros#5925 on
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    The revamped skip button requires a press and hold, not just a quick tap.

Yeah, they gave it a console style mechanic. Would rather have the old way for PC, but at least I can still skip scenes.

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,022 Arc User
    Yeah, they gave it a console style mechanic.
    Nope, we used to be able to skip cutscenes on consoles with a button-tap but we also have to hold it down now, too.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    lethalshlethalsh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Not best decision at all! First iof all i doubt that they can be used as splashscreens while game loading - playing cutscenes need CPU resources and memory too. And even if they made such way - it is terrible decision. People indeed sometimes have to complete same missions for many times to get weapons from mission for example. And NOT SKIPPABLE cutscenes just show that developers should learn programming and start to create NORMAL code. Just it.