test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blank Screen when launching from Arc Launcher

tek#2957 tek Member Posts: 40 Arc User
I have been able to replicate this on multiple PCs of diffrent configurations. When using the auto login feature in Arc to launch STO, you get stuck at a black screen at launch. This is the screen that normally displays the Cryptic logo.

Launching the STO Game Client directly and logging in to that does not cause the issue.

Please fix this. Not an issue on STEAM.

Comments

• Options
    kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I can confirm that this is an intermittent problem. If you get a blank screen you need to launch the task manager and manually cancel the game client. After you so this the next game launch will work properly.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    If you are launching STO via ARC it is that which is causing the black screen. In the launcher options, in the command line box enter .... -ArcOverlayEnable 0 and poof no more black screen.

Alternative is NOT to use ARC at all and launch STO via the install .exe file. However you will need to type in your login credentials each time.
  • Options
    tek#2957 tek Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    > @eazzie said:
    > If you are launching STO via ARC it is that which is causing the black screen. In the launcher options, in the command line box enter .... -ArcOverlayEnable 0 and poof no more black screen.
    >
    > Alternative is NOT to use ARC at all and launch STO via the install .exe file. However you will need to type in your login credentials each time.

Thank you! This fixes it and I don't have to login everytime. I hope the Devs see this and fix it.

How did you figure this out? I researched all over and could not find a solution.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    tek#2957 wrote: »
    > @eazzie said:
    > If you are launching STO via ARC it is that which is causing the black screen. In the launcher options, in the command line box enter .... -ArcOverlayEnable 0 and poof no more black screen.
    >
    > Alternative is NOT to use ARC at all and launch STO via the install .exe file. However you will need to type in your login credentials each time.

Thank you! This fixes it and I don't have to login everytime. I hope the Devs see this and fix it.

How did you figure this out? I researched all over and could not find a solution.

The command line prompt actually came from support and is posted in numerous other threads regarding this issue here on the forum.

Launching using the .exe is well known by hundreds of players who either refuse to use ARC or do not wish to use ARC for various personal reasons,
  • Options
    kcansur7kcansur7 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    If you are launching STO via ARC it is that which is causing the black screen. In the launcher options, in the command line box enter .... -ArcOverlayEnable 0 and poof no more black screen.

OMG. I've been dealing with this for months, and wrote to support about this, but they didn't give me anything useful!