test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space: Warp in/out Animations Missing (Not Widespread)

warmasterxdk#9668 warmasterxdk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
edited October 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since the 10/13 patch, I have noticed that the warp in/out animations are missing when I leave or enter a system or TFO. My ship just appears coming in and disappears going out. (Crossfield DASHD jump animation still works just fine) (7 different ships were used to test this)

I had a fleet mate watch as I switched ships to see if it was a graphic issue on my end, but they said that I just faded and then my ship just switched. No warping animations at all. I tried relogging, restarting the game off, rebooting the PC, switching areas from space-ground-space, changed loadouts, still nothing.

The odd part is that it doesn't seem to affect everyone; I can see people warping in and out of the system, and when my fleet mate switched ships they warped in and out no problem.

Just wanted to post it up here since its pretty out of the ordinary.

[Disco Era Captain]

UPDATE: Found this while combing the forums, "Weston has looked into why ships don't warp out sometimes and can't figure it out. A lot of that is based on early beta cutscene code that uses a different animation branch then the actual cutscenes"
Fingers crossed for the return of the Section 31 Heavy Rifle <3
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    My Fleet-Scryer does that. It makes a warping sound but never moves and I'm gone.
  • Options
    warmasterxdk#9668 warmasterxdk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    UPDATE: The 10/21 patch has fixed the warp animations for Disco era captains. (For this one at least)
    Fingers crossed for the return of the Section 31 Heavy Rifle <3