test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xbox "saved" Ship Loadouts are missing since update.

I was trying to update and save my ship loadouts, which you normally have to do while you're in space, and they're not showing up. When I beam back down to the Spacedock, they show up, but of course it says you can't save everything; "tray configuration and duty officers are only saved while in the Starship." I beam back up into space and they're gone again. I figured I had to make new saved loadouts, but it won't even let me save one without purchasing a new ship loadout. So, it apparently is still recognizing I have two saved loadouts somewhere (which show up when you're on ground), but they are inaccessible while in space, which is necessary to save everything on your loadout save.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
--Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    same on ps4 :D
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    This game is a mess!
  • Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Yep.

I’m seeing the same thing. :/
  • Options
    imatimelord#6399 imatimelord Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    Is anyone really shocked about this?...The apparent level of incompetence by the devs has risen exponentially the last few years...if they dont start doing things right, they are going to hemorrhage players....
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    They already kind of are. In the past two+ years that I’ve been actively playing, I’ve noticed a marked decrease in the number of players and (as a direct consequence demonstrated by the server load balancers reacting to it) the number of open instances. This could have the one short-term benefit of less rubber banding, but I’m concerned for the future of the system. Hopefully they’ll start working on getting their act together once things open back up again.
  • Options
    imatimelord#6399 imatimelord Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    The damage has been done...others are equating this mmo with FO76 and thats not a good thing....at least Besthesda is trying to make it work properly whereas these clowns could care less about destroying the beloved franchise and IP..
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    So this is, not shockingly, still happening. However, I have a new bit of information on this bug.

For starters, my one character I have that this is happening to has about 5 or 6 ships with saved load-out configurations. On-the-fly changes in space no longer work. I’ve also noticed that, since getting the latest Risa cruiser, it sometimes doesn’t even allow me to change load-outs while I’m in ground mode, and only works if I go to a station Ship Manager NPC. Sometimes not even that works if I’ve changed too many times during a session. The most recent thing, though, is when I was using my new Gamma Recruit Jem’Hadar, with his single ship, load-outs save and load normally! This seems to be a problem with the number of ships, multiplied by the number of load-outs, exceeds some kind of algorithmic limit under the hood of the game. The more ships you have with saved load-outs, the less it works and the less ships you have, the more it works.

Maybe most people don’t use the saved configurations and it hasn’t gotten on the developers’ radar. Hopefully this might induce someone to actually fix something for once. You’re welcome, Cryptic. My bug diagnosis invoice is in the mail. Prompt payment is appreciated and expected. :#
  • Options
    haoleboy3#8571 haoleboy3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This may or may not work for you, it has been inconsistent for me, but it is at least something to try. I have had the same thing occur, but if you go to the "Stations" or "Visuals" tab in the ship editor, instead of the first "Gear" tab, then the loadouts will show up again sometimes. Good luck, LLAP!
  • Options
    Tried it. Didn’t work. Seems the only way to correctly adjust load-outs now (if you have a ton of saves like I do) is go to the Ship Manager inside Spacedcock (or whatever you chosen faction HQ is located). :(
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    So, after finally finishing the Summer Campaign, I bought my new T6 Into Darkness Dreadnaught with the Lobi I won (really liking this ship too) and I can now no longer switch load-outs at all, even at the “Manage Starships” section at space dock. All weapons now must be switched out manually. I seem to have exceeded the allowable amount of load-out saves to be able to select them anywhere anymore. Very sad, especially since I spent Zen to get more slots. Disgraceful...