test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Admiralty cards [bonus stats while alone]

corinthalascorinthalas Member Posts: 2,331 Arc User
Let's hear it for the least useful bonus! So many ships, so few assignments they can actually complete alone! It's like a no-prize!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    some work fine. I can often get a one and done from some of the epic cards, but honestly, it's been o long since I've even done admiralty
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I was going to say I use those all the time, but it's just the ones that boost multiple stats when alone. (Armitage, Adapted Battlecruiser, Tanius, etc)
  • Options
    sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    To me, the, "-X% maintenance per Y ship," bonus is the most useless since it provides absolutely no bonus to the mission at hand.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Some of them are really useful like the VSS Tanius, and if you have it the Maquis raider. Anything that boosts its high stat only is almost never useful I find, but the rest, especially stuff like the old T5s and the MW cruisers are really very good.

The T5 Scimitars that buff sci or eng find a lot of use, the tac one not so much. Two of my favorite ships for loner missions are actually the T4 Romulan ships which are great fits for some of the low end missions and common event modifiers as they give a pretty even spread ~30 to all.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Of course, a lot of it depends on what your collection is (are you an old player with 100+ cards, or a new one with 20?), and what you're trying to do.

When you're just plowing through missions to get the next Tour to spawn, a low mission with a big +stat Event could be cleared by one of these +One Stat ships or by a Ignore +Stat From Event ship. But maybe you don't have those, or you want to save them for a +100 event. /shrug

So, yes. It's very situational, and others aren't. Still, they can't all be perfect all the time. /shrug
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I find the VSS Tanius is the most useful of the Alone ships because its stat bonuses are so high she can solo at least up to ToD 8.
    sci321 wrote: »
    To me, the, "-X% maintenance per Y ship," bonus is the most useless since it provides absolutely no bonus to the mission at hand.

The Magic Trio of Kobali Samsar, Ferengi Nandi, and Breen Sarr Theln are nice since they feed off each other. Samsar is maintenance per tac and sci, Nandi is mantenance per engie and sci, and Sarr Theln is maintenance per Engie and Tac.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    sci321 wrote: »

Oh I missed this comment. It really depends. Most -maintenance ships are pretty useless. However, real good combos come from multiple ships that have -25% maintenance per class when that ship is the same class.

For example, the Buran and Qoj both are engineering ships with -25% maintenance per engineering ships. You put them down with a third engineering ship and you have a combo where the Buran is giving -50% maint for the Qoj and ship 3, while the Qoj is giving its own -50% maint for the Buran and ship 3. That indeed adds up to -100% maintenance and works exactly like you think, the combo is instantly available afterwards. One of the better 'ship 3' selections for this combo is the legendary Oddy card that makes that combo give out 100+ to all stats.

Whether you run it on a tour assignment to make sure none of the ships are on cooldown for tomorrows tour assignment or use it on little 15 minute assignments, its a great way to make sure you have those ships available immediately again and again.

There are similar combos possible with science and tac ships as they all have -maintenance ships for their own class.
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I only do Klingon and Ferengi admiralty these days for the Tour dil bonuses.

I usually use 3-4 cards daily with the solo bonus stat.

All three T5 Oddy: 58/20/20 + 25 Eng; 54/24/20 + 25 Tac; 54/20/24 + 25 Sci
    Maquis Raider: 35/56/35 with 20 bonus Eng and Sci
    Caitian Atrox: 26/14/50 +20 SCI and TAC

A ship whose stats are 18/30/ 54 +15 all (I only remember where it is on my list)

These are the ones that come to mind quickly. I use a few others less frequenty, as well, when these are in use or maintenance.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Meh. I just want to get stuff done, so if I can send a single ship out then I do so, and when that mission gets done I have that many more ships available for the next admiralty missions and the next and so on.

If you are just logging in, filling admiralty, and disappearing for a day or two then "saving ships" might seem like a strange idea, but it happens.

No, my command cruiser bonuses of +35 to a stat while alone are not my favorites, but I probably get as much use out of those as I do for the "+X per ship type" bonuses when the ships are the same type... A science ship that gives me a bonus to science for more science ships, for example, is double-bad to me.

Science is already my highest score, and now if I stack more ships with that same highest score I get a bonus to that highest score? Great, but most missions want some other numbers, and rarely does a mission look like "30/30/200" or whatever, and if it does then that high outlier is usually a result of a modifier and I would be better off just using a ship that negates the modifier rather than stacking a bunch of other ships.
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    kiralyn wrote: »
    I was going to say I use those all the time, but it's just the ones that boost multiple stats when alone. (Armitage, Adapted Battlecruiser, Tanius, etc)

Yup. Those with their higher minimum stats can be used more often for that reason. The ones that add to a single stat might as well not even have a bonus effect for as often as you can make use of it.

They can help with missions that randomly pop a single stat. I've used them with things like +35 tac when a mission goes from 25-80 tac. It doesn't always work to 100% but a lot of the time I can get it in the 90's % chance. They are useful if you need to get through smaller missions fast.

It's good for low end mission that you only want to grind past if you aren't using tokens.

I have a low amount of ships. If I can get a 97% win chance to a mission I just want to grind through to get to a daily then it's very useful. Even with more ships it could help use less ships for greater crit chance on better ones.

Example:

25/25/25 mission

Open it becomes:

25/80/25

Because of event stat mods.

My klingon ship card goes from 25/55/25 to 25/90/25 with plus 35.

Bird of prey T6 is a good example. It's 33/54/21 with +35.

It becomes 33/89/21 and gets around 97% chance to win.
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Pssst all, "Alone" does not mean what you all think, it just means the next ship must be of the same type Eng, Tac or Sci. The third ship can be any card you need. Just a heads up for everyone!
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    kirisee wrote: »
    Pssst all, "Alone" does not mean what you all think, it just means the next ship must be of the same type Eng, Tac or Sci. The third ship can be any card you need. Just a heads up for everyone!

Uh... in my experience... that's not the case. If it says it gets bonus stats for being alone, like the VSS Tanius, that means alone. No other ship. Not even a shuttle. Otherwise it loses the bonus because its not alone.

Base stats for the Tanius is 53/39/43. When alone... its +50 all stats, which bumps it up to 103/89/93. Throw in so much as a shuttle with it, it drops back down to the base + the shuttle stats.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.