test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Personal Endeavor Reroll Tokens?

I try to do all 3 Endeavor missions if I can on a daily basis. Occasionally, new reroll tokens pop up out of the boxes I get upon completion. For the past couple of months, however, I’ve noticed that I haven’t gotten a single new token and I’m starting to run low.

Have they been removed from the completion boxes entirely? Is the only way to get them now by purchasing them with dilithium?

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Have they been removed from the completion boxes entirely? Is the only way to get them now by purchasing them with dilithium?
    Yes, and Yes. This was explained in the recent blog entry.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11495233

(Interestingly, this 'blog' was posted in the PC category but has yet to appear in 'xbox' or 'ps4'.)
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Thank you for that information. I usually never look in the PC area.

Well, frack! I don’t like that at all. With all the other bugs still in the system, why do they continue to break stuff that does work, then turn around and joyfully announce it as a new feature, like it’s something everyone has wanted since the beginning of time? Event calendar, I’m looking at you! :#

Oh well... another useful thing gone...
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Aye, they said this was a much-requested feature to be added to the game.
    The thing is, this was because people wanted to buy them in addition to the ones that come in the reward boxes, not 'instead of'!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Heh... Now that makes sense how it could have happened this way. I guess someone didn’t read the full memo. :D
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    I think the original idea for making Endeavour reroll tokens (and Admiralty Pass Tokens) cost dilithium on PC was an attempt to get people to spend their huge stockpiles of refined dilithium. The Dil Exchange has/had reached the maximum of 500 per Zen and there was far more Dil in the economy than there is/was Zen to buy.

The Xbox Dil Exchange hasn't reached that point, yet I think we've had the same change as a preventative measure more than anything. I can't see it having much effect myself. Buying reroll (or Admiralty pass) tokens with refined dilithium feels pretty futile to me as there are much better uses for it.