test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck in Sector Space in the ToS era

sighmehsighmeh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So, I've made up a new character and Went through some of the tutorial. I left that station foolishly, before I finished the tutorial. Now I can't go back to the station and finish it. No prob, just delete and make a new character, right? Sadly. I spent 6k zen on the Tos Level boost to 65. Anyone have any thoughts on workaround or a fix?

Comments

• Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Contact customer support have them move you to Tos ESD. Then grab the mission Explore earth spacedock and complete it while in the map. I am guessing you used the beam out option at the transporter pad?
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I have a similar problem. I have already explored ToS ESD but I'm stock at the Cestus mission. It keeps warping me back to the bottom of the sector space map. I sent a ticket and I was told a lot of people have that problem but they have not found a solution and let them know if I find a workaround...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    chrisccw315#4958 chrisccw315 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I have the same problem, now stuck in space and yes I used the transporter to beam out because I was not prompted to move onto the next mission, there was nothing after speaking to the captain; I have to manually activate the next mission in journal but when I realized it was already too late; also I cannot delete the character too

I've sent message to support but I dont know how long I would get a respond///
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I confess that I didn't have this problem with any of the AoY characters I created, and I can only assume that the reason why I wasn't affected was because I didn't get the lvl 65 boost token. Maybe the boost is causing some sort of conflict.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    No boost here; my playthrough after the meeting the captain in ESD I was simply left without what to do next; I thought the game would auto start the next mission arc but it didnt, so I didnt check journal to manually active and left the station; still nobody at support bothered to help at this point of time
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,011 Arc User
    my playthrough after the meeting the captain in ESD I was simply left without what to do next; I thought the game would auto start the next mission arc but it didnt, so I didnt check journal to manually active and left the station;
    Sounds like your "Mission Auto-Hail" is turned off. This is why the game doesn't automagically hail you.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    my playthrough after the meeting the captain in ESD I was simply left without what to do next; I thought the game would auto start the next mission arc but it didnt, so I didnt check journal to manually active and left the station;
    Sounds like your "Mission Auto-Hail" is turned off. This is why the game doesn't automagically hail you.

Thank you for the heads up, I checked and indeed it was off... still, supporting isnt answering and its been two days :(
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I saw what Charon said. But there was another thread like this last week and support didn’t help that guy out either. In fact, they just gave him the run around.

You can check it out here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1263589/23c-stuck-outside-of-esd

In my opinion though, You really only played the first mission though. I would have to imagine it would be faster to just delete the character and start over again. But you have to do you, right.
  • Options
    @qultuq as mentioned, unable to delete as the function is disabled; I made similar request to support to have the character removed from their side but so far no word, like they're purposely ignoring the issue
  • Options
    othas3othas3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I had the EXACT same problem as OP. I screwed around with the tailor and then left Spacedock before getting the mission to see the tailor. I, too, had paid for the Boost, BUT, fortunately, it wouldn't let me use it claiming that I hadn't completed the tutorial, even though it should not have mattered. I created a new character and then waited to be told to do things even though I knew what was coming and it worked and I boosted. I'm still sure I did so before the tutorial ended, though.
  • Options
    othas3othas3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I should note that I did see the "See the Tailor" mission, on the mission list, but I could not do anything to get back to ESD.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Sorry. My bad. That is really inconvenient then isn’t it?
  • Options
    Contact customer support have them move you to Tos ESD. Then grab the mission Explore earth spacedock and complete it while in the map. I am guessing you used the beam out option at the transporter pad?

Support claimed can only move character around galaxy map and not into ESD; also my temporal character is now even more bugged with the journal now showing the mission arcs from the last logout character instead of his own temporal's set

Can Dev please delete my character? At this point I dont think its salvageable
  • Options
    qultuq wrote: »
    I saw what Charon said. But there was another thread like this last week and support didn’t help that guy out either. In fact, they just gave him the run around.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1263589/23c-stuck-outside-of-esd

In my opinion though, You really only played the first mission though. I would have to imagine it would be faster to just delete the character and start over again. But you have to do you, right.

Tried, it wont allow me to delete cause the button to proceed remain disabled, right now the character is pretty much stuck in limbo; I added comments again for GM or devs to remove the character from their side, at this point i think its better to start over...
  • Options
    qultuq wrote: »

As mentioned, function to delete character is disabled, I typed the name over and over but it wont allow me to proceed; added comments to support asking them to delete for me instead, at this point better to just start over