test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone crashing when starting new episode?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
did new task force ok, so went to alt account to try the new episode and each time I crash when it tries to load it. I did force verify and still crashes on load of new episode. anyone else experience this?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    It crashed the first time I ran the episode, but when I loaded back in it worked fine. Hopefully getting hotfixed either tomorrow or Thursday.
  • Options
    methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    I've so far had this happen twice! Both times I've tried to launch the new FE and crashed to desktop both times. TFO worked fine earlier, but I can't get the FE to launch at all, with it just crashing to desktop.

I've made sure my Nvidia drivers were fully up to date. And, after my first COTD earlier today, I fully updated Win10, with today's Patch Tuesday updates too. Only to crash upon trying again just minutes ago.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    I crashed the first time, and encountered an error window of a type I'd never seen before. It offered me the option of relaunching the game, and when I clicked "Yes", it placed me at the beginning of the first cutscene. Haven't played it again, because honestly why?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I crashed to desktop, reloaded and it skipped the first cutscene, i dropped into the beginning kinda like the patrol where you bail out the lukari. Anne ran it on the same computer and got the cutscene. makes me wonder if it's a problem with code or server stability
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Crashed on first attempt. Logged back in and it loaded me into the mission but skipped the cutscene. I didn't want to miss anything so I warped out of the map then started again and everything worked fine afterwards. And it was a great mission too :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11497663-pc-patch-notes-for-9/15/21
    "Resolved an issue that could sometimes cause the client to crash upon loading into the episode, “Firewall”. "

So, hopefully that'll be resolved starting tomorrow.
  • Options
    novemberyankeenovemberyankee Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    tigeraries wrote: »
    did new task force ok, so went to alt account to try the new episode and each time I crash when it tries to load it. I did force verify and still crashes on load of new episode. anyone else experience this?

Yup, crashed 3 times but on the last login it was in mission right at the start. It only took me FOUR HOURS to beat the mission though, good lord. I do have to say though, I am impressed with the upgrade done to the Leeta character. Not so cartoonish. I kinda dig her messy hair. :smile:

• Options
    novemberyankeenovemberyankee Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I can't believe it took me 4 hours to do the episode!!!! Like I said, I crashed a few times, but then on login I was in the actual episode right at the start. I thought it was just floony flooned in the last stage, but suck with it. I BEEN HERE 4 HOUR! I GO NOW!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Happened to me once only so far.

However, I got Leeta disappearing and not reaching the console during the exocomp part. She eventually reappeared at the console out of nowhere after several minutes.

The episode is nice, but so so buggy.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    crashed while loading into the system. restarted client and the ep ran normally
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    The patch notes mentioned something about fixing it, so the problem may be gone after the game comes back up.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    3 crashes at the start...then smooth running
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    It crashed the first time I ran the episode, but when I loaded back in it worked fine. Hopefully getting hotfixed either tomorrow or Thursday.

This happened to me. And when I did get in, the floating person in a spacesuit in the opening animation was using the 'standing there' emote, rather than the 'floating' they had in the trailer.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    No crashing here, but I cannot move on, stuck at the brig area.

Updating--was able to finish after a few restarts...small glitches about.
    Post edited by truewarper on
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
This discussion has been closed.