test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship won't plot course

I've tried plotting course to most recently DS9 and my ship just sat there refusing to travel. It's done this before on other characters going different places. It's random when it happens. One day everything is perfectly fine and working then the next time I log in I have to manually pilot everywhere. Not like piloting manually is a huge chore or anything, but it makes it difficult when trying to set up equipment and all on your way to the next mission. I was told by support to put this bug report in hopefully it doesn't get ignored.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I've experienced this or something similar for ages. It seems like there are times when your ship can't "see" whatever destination you're trying to get to. The only way I've found to "fix" it is to try to plot courses for other systems nearby until I find one my ship "reacts" to and then plot a course to the "correct" place I want to go, and that seems to work.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    I've experienced this or something similar for ages. It seems like there are times when your ship can't "see" whatever destination you're trying to get to. The only way I've found to "fix" it is to try to plot courses for other systems nearby until I find one my ship "reacts" to and then plot a course to the "correct" place I want to go, and that seems to work.

It's easier than that, simply angle your ship up or down so it's no longer on the 'same plane' as your destination and it should go there fine.
  • Options
    dsosebeedsosebee Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I sure am glad you mentioned that, I've had that plotting problem for years and never knew there was a simple fix. I tried it too, and it works fine. THANKS!
  • Options
    alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Sector space travel is pretty bugged. Your ship can fly in a straight line to the very edge of the map when trying to autopilot to a destination as well.
  • Options
    ardenwolfeardenwolfe Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    This always happens to me after I transwarp to the Mining Area in the Alpha Quadrant and then plot a course to the nearby nebula. It never takes. Thank you for the workaround.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Sector space travel is pretty bugged. Your ship can fly in a straight line to the very edge of the map when trying to autopilot to a destination as well.

That's more likely to happen if you use Transwarp on the way. After Transwarp ceases simply select your destination again to avoid flying by.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    I've encountered this bug almost every time I've traveled to Qo'noS for the past 2 years; this is still an unresolved issue.
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    i avg a good 98% of successful plots going where they need to go, but that 2% sucks. i get up and get some drinks or whatnot and i find i am at the edge of the universe...lol.

i havent noticed any particular system or reason though. its been all around the board on that 2% for me.

I'm only speaking from my own personal perspective, but I noticed that, after leaving Qo'noS, auto-navigation is restored as soon as I exit the Qo'noS sector and enter the adjacent sectors (such as the Archanis Sector).
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    i avg a good 98% of successful plots going where they need to go, but that 2% sucks. i get up and get some drinks or whatnot and i find i am at the edge of the universe...lol.

i havent noticed any particular system or reason though. its been all around the board on that 2% for me.

Off the top of my head, common locations for me are Qo'nos, K7, and Defera. I think a lot of the navigating problems came about after the Devs did a revamp of Sector Space a few years ago (around the release of AoY, IIRC).
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg