test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher Issue When Starting the Game

explorer1111explorer1111 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
I was just quickly jumping into Star Trek Online for a few fun missions and then I encountered an odd issue. The launcher began to not respond when I hit engage and then windows asked me to close the launcher due to inactivity and then when the launcher closed the game then started and then after a restart the launcher then failled to respond again; however, this time the launcher managed to recover before the windows inactivity message appeared. This is a rellay odd issue that I have encountered on and off for the past couple of days and though I do not know what the exact problem is, it is still very odd because I have been logging in through Arc and the sub launcher on my gaming laptop for years and never had this issue and the server was in a green light online state. This game is awesome, every trekkies dream and I hope this information can help fix this issue. Thank you for an awesome game and I hope this will be an easy fix.

Comments

• Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    try the exe in the STO folder... dont use arc.

That's my advice, too. The bug seems to be coming from Arc, itself, and I haven't launched through it for ages.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    charlesdonovancharlesdonovan Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Arc can unnecessarily drain RAM. It's best to run the game directly that way. I myself found it much easier to locate in the steam directory.