test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request: Please consider the following, a few easy changes to implement...

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
bMDh9rH.png
  1. First is drops, when showing 'Take Items' can we see the quality, Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Very Rare for example?
  2. Second, can commodities be increased from 250 to say perhaps 500?
  3. Third, can Batteries (Large or Small) be increased to 50 or 99?

I ask only as I'm often have 250 of all commodities always filled and ready for DOFF missions, so earning extra thru drops often creates another pile. If be nice if these were increased a bit so when earn them from drops they don't create a second stack. Same mostly goes for batteries, I mean generally if I need them I mostly craft them as Large when I want them. Still storing them in stacks of 20 is really inconvenient.

Don't think it's too complicated an ask, just something to please consider!

What does everyone think, or is their a forth small ask you might like to see? :o
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Oh yes I agree whole-heartedly with this as well!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    You can see what color the dropped item container is, but it would be nice to know which container matches which take item button, whatever it's rarity. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Yea, I suggest it so people aren't missing out on especially on Uncommon, Rare, or Very Rare items.

As they are good to save, or even use for Salvage.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    I would rather they add a Loot All function first - you know, the thing every MMO from the past 10 years EXCEPT STO had as a standard feature.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    1. First is drops, when showing 'Take Items' can we see the quality, Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Very Rare for example?
    2. Second, can commodities be increased from 250 to say perhaps 500?
    3. Third, can Batteries (Large or Small) be increased to 50 or 99?

I ask only as I'm often have 250 of all commodities always filled and ready for DOFF missions, so earning extra thru drops often creates another pile. If be nice if these were increased a bit so when earn them from drops they don't create a second stack. Same mostly goes for batteries, I mean generally if I need them I mostly craft them as Large when I want them. Still storing them in stacks of 20 is really inconvenient.

Don't think it's too complicated an ask, just something to please consider!

What does everyone think, or is their a forth small ask you might like to see? :o
    I support the first two.

The third one I could see them not doing because batteries in STO are akin to potions in other MMOs, and MMOs tend to limit things like potions harder then other inventory items for balance reasons. Devs don't want you to have a stack of 99 batteries, because then it becomes too easy to just sit there and keep using them the whole battle. The point of the limit is to make you think more about when you use them.

Now, this doesn't always work out in the end for most games, but I don't think the devs are just going to remove a restriction that exists for a "Balance" reason.

I'd like to see things like hypos stack to 99 similar to the request for batteries. I usually carry 100 large hypos while doing RATFOS and apparently others do as well. That's five inventory slots taken that could be cut down to one. Perhaps large kit overboosters could be added as well to save another four or so slots. Don't agree it really has anything to do with balance reasons... players can still fill their inventory with them as is now and use them as needed. Perhaps the stacks of 20 are to encourage the purchase of more inventory slots?
This discussion has been closed.